Chapter 1

"It's a female only cult. If any of us guys go in, they will slaughter us." Coulson told the women before him, who stood with curiosity at the next mission.

    "Okay. So..." Daisy prompted for him to finish, waiting for explanation for why a mission was needed.

    "They're like modern day man-killers. They murdered all the men in their village, and their 'Queen' wields an 0-8-4." Phil explained, pointing to the map at the location in the Turkish-Italian mountains where the tribe of women lived.

    "So... all of 'em are like May but better?" Daisy joked, grinning. Melinda gave the girl a warning glare.

    "No." Coulson responded. "But us men will be waiting here on the Zephyr monitoring you all."

    "Whats the plan to retrieve the 0-8-4?" Bobbi asked, studying there terrain on the map.

   "You will be going in as potential converts." Phil answered. "Just give them some story about how the men in your life suck."

    "That shouldn't be to hard." Melinda muttered.

    "Hey!" Coulson gave Melinda a look.

    "Anyway, where is the 0-8-4?" Jemma asked.

    "We don't have very viable reports, but we believe that the alien artifact is in possession of their leader, who is regarded as the queen." Coulson answered, and handed the agents communication devices.

-:x:-

   Wrapping the hijab around her face and pinning it in place, Melinda fixed her billowy undercover attire, the outfits making the agents look more local, but Melinda loved this outfit. There were so many places to conceal weapons!

    Joining her fellow agents, Melinda and Bobbi took the lead, guiding Yo-Yo, Jemma, and Daisy out and into the terrain. Sure, the outfits were good for hiding weapons, but not so much ventilation. The Turkish sun beat down upon the five women, leaving poor Jemma almost soaked in sweat. Daisy wasn't that far behind, Yo-yo telling them to 'woman up' and that women have been living in heat worse than this for thousands of years.

   "I'm gonna sue whoever invented clothing. I just wanna strip!" Daisy complained, fanning her face.

    "We're almost there." Bobbi reported, scanning their surroundings, pointing to a narrow outcropping within the next half mile.

    "Finally." Jemma exclaimed, having discreetly fanned her own face by now.

    "Movement on that ridge, three o' clock." Melinda ticked her head in the general direction. "We're being watched."

    "Good." Bobbi commented, and subtly pointed out another person up on the other side of the ridge.

    Suddenly, three women dressed in a weird hybrid modern clothes, leather and armor ran from around the corner. They brandished spears, and The five agents backed into a circle.

    Melinda asked them, "Who are you?" in Arabic. She hadn't spoken this since Bahrain.

    "Don't even try, English-speaker." One of the warriors said, "And I think you know who we are, considering that you are out here looking for us."

    "Well than, we are here to speak with your leader." Jemma flashed a friendly smile and took a few steps forward. "I'm Jemma." She said as she stuck her hand out for the speaker to shake. The woman frowned, and Jemma stepped back.