Chapter 4

(Men's POV)

    "The trackers haven't revealed that much." Fitz reported. "But we only have five days before the trackers the ingested are passed out." Fitz told Mack and Coulson. "But their monitors were removed, and I have no way of knowing anything about their present physical state besides their location."

    "What is that?" Mack pointed to the readings from a day and a half ago, right before one of the women's monitors was destroyed. "What are those spikes?"

    "Those confuse me as well." Fitz frowned. "From what I was able to decipher, That blue one right there is her blood pressure. That green one is her hormone level, which we usually use to know if an agent has been drugged or not. The red one is her heart rate." Fitz told them.

    "But why did it all spike?" Coulson asked them.

    "I'm not sure, but the hormone readings are strange, and nothing like I've ever seen before." Fitz said. "They're estrogen and Progesterone levels when up... abnormally." Fitz seemed to try to choose his words wisely.

    "Is there any time when it is normal? But why?" Mack asked.

    "Well, the last time I saw this level was in one of mine and Jemma's fellow students, Agent Sandy Murphy, back at the academy."

    "And what was so unique about her?" Coulson frowned.

   "She was pregnant." Fitz said.

    There was complete silence that washed over the four men. "Who's monitor readings are these?" Hunter asked, looking at the screen.

   "Uh... " Fits moved some stuff on his tablet. "These are Bobbi's."

    The readings changed slightly, and Fitz old them, "these are Jemma's." He flipped through several more, reading off each of the paired names.

   "Stop." Coulson said.

    "What?" Fitz looked up.

    "Whats that?" Coulson asked. Taking the tablet into his own hands and switching it back to May's. "Oh God." Coulson breathed. "And she's on FSH."

   "What the hell is that?" Hunter asked.

    "It's a type of birth control." Mack jumped in. "FSH is a hormone that prevents ovulation."

    "So?" Hunter shrugged.

    "Listen man, did you have sex ed?" Mack sighed. "Progesterone and estrogen promote ovulation, and if May is on FSH...."

    "When did you become a sex ed teacher?" Hunter snapped back. "I don't understand a word out of your mouth, so please, speak English."

    Fitz, Coulson, and Mack sighed in unison. "Ovulation is when a woman releases an egg, and this process is triggered by estrogen and progesterone, and if the egg isn't fertilized, than it's passed of her body during her monthly time. FSH is a hormone that a woman can take to prevent ovulation, therefore also reduce her period significantly. But the main purpose of the Synthetic FSH is so that she can sleep with someone and has a much lower chance of getting pregnant. So with the estrogen and progesterone over riding the FSH, May could have a very painful experience."

   "Ohhhh." Hunter nodded. "Meaning...."

   "Oh god, Hunter, I'm going to talk to you later." Mack nodded. "But Simmons could probably explain it better."

   "-When she gets back." Fitz reminded him.

   "You mean if," Coulson said, pointing to the tracker's monitors as they all blipped out of existence at once.