Chapter 18

Note: WORDS FOR WOMEN'S NETHER REGIONS WILL BE USED AND DISCUSSED. IT IS A NATURAL PART OF HUMAN REPRODUCTION. I HOPE YOU ALL WILL BE MATURE. thank you.

    --------- -:x:- ---------

   Daisy had persuaded Melinda and Phil to pose with the tiny human in May's arms, recording Melinda as she kissed Julie's pink head, Phil happily holding her and crying when Daisy said something about "Someday she's gonna have her own kids. . ." as the expecting inhuman left to get Lincoln. Melinda counted all of Julie's ten fingers a multitude of times.

    Melinda had stared at her baby until she could hardly keep her eyes open anymore. Jemma kept giving her fluids through the IV in her wrist, constantly checking the blood transfusion that replaced lost blood through her inner elbow.

    Lincoln had come within the next hour, Daisy having drove to town to pick him up. Melinda was fast asleep on her hospital bed when she woke to the lights slowly raising again. Phil was awake by pure will, staring down at the sleeping baby on her chest. 

    Two hours since she gave birth. Six hours since her water broke. Seven since she'd left her mother's house, telling nobody about her contractions Twenty-Seven hours since she went into labour.

    Melinda wasn't allowed any medicines that contained codeine, which meant that she couldn't receive any painkillers containing the substance, that would usually help patients sleep in the process. Aspirin was also debarred to breastfeeding mothers.

   The second Lincoln walked through the door, Phil had jumped up and hugged the poor doctor, welcoming him to the "Death isn't always fatal" club.

   Lincoln was pleased to see that Jemma had checked for galactosemia, a thankfully recessive gene from the Coulson side that Phil had also tested to be a carrier for, but was recessive in Julie. 

    Melinda was listening quietly as Phil, Lincoln, and Jemma talked. Lincoln was telling Phil what he was worried about, "Since Julie was born early, some of her organs may still be developing and unable to cope with even tiny traces of medications in Agent May's breast milk. We're going to have to be careful with Agent May's recovery after her minor hemorrhage."

   Jemma added, "If you can't get to me, a doctor, or a pharmacist, Remember that a good rule of thumb is that if a medication is available in a child-friendly formula or if it is commonly prescribed for infants, it's usually considered safe to take when breastfeeding." Simmons said, yawning.

    "Get some sleep, Dr. Simmons. I'll take it from here." Lincoln assured the soon-to-be-mother.

    "Thank you, Lincoln. You'll have to tell us of your adventures since Hive tomorrow, when it isn't three in the morning. . ." Jemma nodded, hanging up her extra-large lab coat and clipboard, leaving with a small wave to her superiors.

    "Now, Agent Coulson, would you care to tell me how the birth went?" Lincoln sat down next to the hospital bed.

    "Why don't you ask the lady here who had her vagina ripped open by a massive baby?" Melinda replied curtly.

    Phil snorted and Lincoln shifted uncomfortably in his seat at the thought of having to help one of his former co-workers and his former boss's girlfriend in that manor.

    "I would, Agent May, but while you were labouring without proper medical help, somethings may not have been noticeable by you during the process." Lincoln nodded. "Much the way you never noticed the severe blood loss from your hemorrhage, because you were much more focused on Julie." Lincoln had a point.