sixteen!

a/n : wow! we got to 10k views. that's crazy.. thank u all for reading my book& i love u guys💓💓

i gently pulled off the towel and let my damp hair flow.
after 15 minutes, my hair was dry so i grabbed the curlers and gently curled my hair. i slipped on a simple dress and some trainers.

then i pulled out my phone to message Kenzie.

me
i'm ready kenzieee

kenziebezzie💞💘💗
ok, i'll pick u up in 5

me
ok see u soon love u

kenziebezzie💞💘💗
love u too byee

i picked up my purse and sunglasses.
i ran downstairs, and thought about getting a jacket, in the end i didn't as it was super hot outside.

"bye mom i love you " i say pulling open the door.

"love u too hunny " she says back.

i rush out of the door and see Kenzie on her phone, leaning on the car.
"what took you so long?!" she yelled across the lawn.

"i need to look good ! " i yell back chuckling.

we both place ourselves in the car and head off.

"where are we actually going ? " i ask.
"to the beach obvi!!" she says back.

25 minutes later, we arrived.
it was crowded, with people in swimsuits and blankets scattered across the floor. children were either running round, splashing in the ocean or creating sandcastles.
in the view we're surfers gliding across the waves and loud music spread across the beach.

" eeekkkkk " Kenzie says running through the sand.

i laugh then run behind her.
we set up a blanket with a picnic basket and sunscreen with extra supplies.

once we were ready we ran to the sea.
me and kenzie had this tradition, every summer we come here to this specific beach and we always go in the ocean for ages and ages. we never miss it.

after hours in the sea, everything was still crowded, noise everywhere.
we sat down on the blankets and chatted.

" hey kenz, how are you and johnny? " i ask curiously.

"oh well, i can say we're not on good terms" she says taking her hair and putting it behind her ears.

"i'm sorry, you guys were so close " i say wrapping my arms around her.

" no its fine, everyone said our relationship was dead anyway" she says one tear rolling down her face.

i gently wiped the tear and started to talk about a different subject.

" let's get milkshakes ! " i say excitedly, trying to take her mind off johnny.

" yes, milkshakes ! " she says in return .

————————————————————

@mackz