twenty-one!

i woke up and realised it was school, the holidays have finally ended.

the holidays went well, me and asher got back together and he stayed in greenhigh.

i immediately got dressed and brushed my hair . i threw it up in a messy bun and left for school a few minutes later.

i arrived to school and saw asher at the gate, because we just got back together i didn't do anything major.
i walked up to him and gave him a smile, he leaned in to hug me but i leaned away. i didn't want people to know we were back together, just yet anyway.

"heyy" he says with a concerned look.
i smile and say "hii" .

"um so..do you want people to know about us?" he says looking around.

"no not really, only because we just got together and nothings serious between us yet" i say nervously .

"oh ok, i just thought that.." i cut him off his sentence.

"you thought nothing, just keep this a secret ok?" i say cheeks red.
before he's about to say something i see mackenzie walk up to me, i walk away from asher and go to kenzie.

"what was happening there?" kenzie asks curiously .

"nothing, i was just telling him that after what happened im going to focus on school and that me and him aren't going to be together" i lie.

"right, ok, well im going to lesson, see you at break?" she says slowly walking off.
i nod then leave to first lesson, i see asher in the corner of my eye and i completely ignore him.

i sat down in my space where i usually sit, next to me was lauren and the other side was brynn.
"what's going on with you and asher?" brynn whispered to me.

"nothing, we're not dating" i whisper quickly. its kind of annoying because i know that everyone is going to start asking me.

lesson finished and i walked out the room to go to tutor.
after tutor, the rest of the day flew by. after school i went to dance .

i walk into dance practice and get into my dance fit.
"hii!" said jayden hugging me, i hug her back and smile.

"hey!" i say back.
kenzie walks over to greet us.
"hey anns, hey jayden" me and jayden both say"hi!" at the same time.

we go to the front of the dance room and start learning the new dance.
a few moments later, a new guy walks into the room.

"class, we have a new student joining the troupe" said miss kate. we all clapped to welcome him, and wow he was cute.

"hey im carson" he said giving a wave.
everyone waves and he joins the front row and stands next to me.
to be polite, i introduce myself.

"hi, nice to meet you, im annie" i say to the light haired boy next to me.
"nice to meet you too annie" he says with a smile.

"ok class pick it up from the turn" the teacher announced.
we all start dancing.

an hour later, dance class finished. kenzie and jayden and everyone else said bye and left to go home.
miss kate was in her office and i saw carson practicing the choreo.

i walk up to him, and see him forget the steps.
"do you want me to help you?" he looks at me and smiles.

"that would be great, could you tell how bad i was?" he laughs, i join him.
"no no no! i just saw you mess up a few steps and you look stressed" i say.

"right, well that would be cool" he replies.

"ok, it's like this, one two three four, five and six" i say dancing around.

he soon later picks up the steps.
we both fall to the ground and i grab my water.

we smile at each other for a few seconds.
"so what brings you here? i haven't seen you around..do you go to greenhigh?" i say curiously.

"no actually, i moved from Michigan, and i wanted to come here for this dance studio, i think im moving to greenhigh soon though" he says.

"oh that's cool, well you nailed the steps and your hip hop is really good" i say complimenting him.

"your not too bad yourself" he says sarcastically, we both giggle .

i stand up, just before he does.
"uh, thanks for helping me annie" he says.

"it's ok, it was fun" i say with a small smile.
"I better go now, but i hope to see you around" he says picking up his bag and water.

"you too carson" i say back. he walks out the studio, and i grab my bag and stuff before leaving.

———
i walked out of the gates and saw asher in his car.
"asher?" i ask looking through the car door.

he looks at me and smiles, he slowly rolls down the car window.

"hey, i knew you had practice so i thought it would be a nice surprise to pick you up" he says grinning.

i look around me then smile back at him. i hop into the car seat beside him and take my phone out pressing on the name kenz.

imessage

me
hey kenz

kenz
hey

me
guess what

kenz
what?

me
asher picked me up today after practice

kenz
i thought you guys were like over..

me
me too but i still really like him, well i thought i did
until carson came in

kenz
what?!

me
he's so nice and attractive and maybe starting fresh is better for me?

kenz
annie, you got out of a really great relationship and now you still like him but like a new guy too?

me
i know it's stupid
i don't know what to do

kenzie
its your decision
just think about this ok?

me
yeah, yeah.

—-
a/n
sorry for not updating, i got a new phone and haven't downloaded this app until a few days ago. ill be active soon xx