Quaem's POV - Dreams

The image is of King Iskierkos!

Enjoy.

Whekim

A young fire dragon was running through the yellowed grass. The fire dragon had an orange head, with blue horns and green eyes. His neck changed from orange to yellow and then back to orange, along his body, except for his tail which was a vibrant red. He bounded along and ran until he reached a cave. An elegant fire dragon poked her head out. She had golden eyes and was very beautiful. She had no spines on her back and her tail split was resting lazily on the ground. Her horns were navy and pointed forwards. "Quaem! Where are you?". The dragonet ran forward, bumping noses with his mother. She laughed and retreated into the cave, followed by her son. His father, a tall and proud earth dragon, with moss coloured scales and blue eyes hrrred happily. His horns pointed forward and were short, with black spirals and gold specks. His spines down his back were short and wavy and he had a ruff. The father nodded to the dragonet and he ran and curled up next to the imposing dragon.

Fast asleep, Quaem trembled. He knew what was coming next.

All of a sudden, there was a thump on the cave floor. A handsome lightning dragon stood there, silhouetted by the dying sun, the sky turning pink behind him. The dragon bowed his head:

"The Great Dragon King requests his tax of 6 sheep".

The earth dragon looked puzzled. "There has never been a tax before"

The lightning dragon nodded. "King Iskierkos has the right to degree taxes whenever he wishes".

The father glanced anxiously into the back of the cave. "We only have three sheep and that is for us to eat"

The lightning dragon stepped forwards. "As a high guard of the palace I have the right to seize property. Step aside!"

The Earth Dragon bared his ruff and stepped forwards. The lightning dragon lunged and the Earth dragon stepped out of the way. Meanwhile, the mother dragon hurried her month old son under a pile of sheep fleeces. The fire dragon can no longer see anything, while the mother watched the fight anxiously.

The dragonet was trembling, unable to see anything but the loops and curls of the white wool. The sounds of fighting continued, claws raking against scales, hisses of pain, insults, battle roars and finally:

Silence.

The little dragonet poked his head out of the pile of wool. It was dark, a no moon night. The young dragonet had not developed his night vision, and crept forwards until he was inbetween his two parents. The floor was tacky, and his parents were covered in a slimy substance, which he noticed as he snuggled inbetween them and went to sleep.

The golden glow of the sun were just visible on the horizon when the dragonet woke, the sky an abstract piece of art, with the pink tinged clouds and the pastel shades of the sky.

The dragonet uncurled himself, and bounded out into the dawn of a new day. He turned around to look at his parents and stopped. His father's hide was covered in cuts and grazes, and his neck had a bloody, gaping wide smile. His mother had claw marks all over her back, with another slit to the throat. The cave floor was covered in blood, as well as the two dragons. He had slept in his parent's blood.

The young dragonet turned and fled, rushing through cheerfully bubbling streams which washed off the stain of death from his scales, shadowy forests in which trees loomed above him and vines ensnared him at every step, the giant desert where only cacti grew and days were long to the tall mountain, in the middle of the dusty desert, where a palace stood. The palace of the Dragon King, Iskierkos. How he found it, by instinct or pure luck, he did not know

The dream moved on.

He was standing in front of the Dragon King, Iskierkos. The King was a lightning dragon, scales practically white, with a ruff and piercing yellow eyes. His claws were sharp and polished, as black as ebony and his horns were silver and gold. The ruff quivered as he spoke:

"You, young dragonet, have been caught trespassing on the palace. The punishment for this is a week in the dungeons, but, if you would prefer, you can become a servant here in my palace.

The dragonet nodded in agreement and was led from the hall to the bonding chambers by a lightning guard. The guard was talking.

"The King has decreed you have to bond to a human if you are a servant to increase the amount of dragon riders. Here is the bonding room,".

He was shoved into a room and the door slammed shut behind him. The dragonet held his head high and looked around defiantly. He would not bond with a puny human. He was left in the room for seconds, hours, days.

The young dragon cowered and curled into a tight ball.

It was so dark.