The Palace

My second name suited me perfectly. As a dragon, it was classy and was completely different to my human name. Of course, I was in my human form now - we were preparing to leave the base. The hatchlings were obviously staying here, along with a couple of females to take care of them, but everyone one else was going. Other than the palace infiltrators, aka most of my Anchemi, the reserves would be guarding the forest from Sarsians. Electra had explained how to kill them to the dragons. I pulled on my hunting boots, strapped on the breastplate and spun round, sword in hand as I heard footsteps. Adam came in and I relaxed, before sheathing my sword in my belt.

"Hi Amy,".

"Hi Adam. You ok?"

"Yes. I um, um, well,". He walked forwards.

"I just, well I wanted to give you this, for good luck,". He opened a his palm to show a necklace, with a charm in the shape of a dragon. "I found it in the market and well, I thought, you might like it,". I picked the charm up, letting it dangle as I gently touched the charm.

"I love it,". Adam's face gloomed as he smiled. "Can you put it on for me?". He stepped forwards and undid the clasp, brushing against my skin as he did up the clasp. My skin tingled where he had touched me and my heartbeat increased. He stepped away.

"I'll see you later Amy,".

"Ok,". I turned round and gave him a small smile. I could feel my face going redder and redder as I watched him walk into the tunnels. A loud thump made me turn to the mouth and I saw Electra landing.

Are you ok?

Yes of course. Why?

You look very red. Did Adam come?

Yes. How did you know?

Oh, it must have just been a lucky guess . . .

He gave me this

That's pretty. Are you ready?

Of course.

I mounted Electra and she took off, gliding to the entrance. She shot out a plasma ball and the dragons immediately formed up, in their Anchemi and legions. The riders flew over to me, with Striker and Phantom following behind.

"Legion leaders, join your legions. Make sure they know we are going to rest in the desert before continuing and that we cannot stop if they fall behind,". Most of the riders joined their legions. "Darren and Ventos, if you just fall in behind my Anchemi with Phantom, we will fly in a tight diamond so we can go over the plan,".

He nodded. "I touched my new necklace and smiled at Adam. He smiled back. Cherry looked at me curiously, noticing the looks, as we led the way through the tunnel and out of the waterfall. We fell in a diamond shape as we began to make the long flight to the desert.

                                                                     Electra
                                                   Furnace                 Artic
                                         Cedar                 Striker             Atlas
                                                   Phantom               Ventos

We flew hard and fast, and soon the forest was fading away. The stars were just starting to appear, twinkling as they gazed down at us. We made good time, and Electra peered down curiously at the cacti that were starting to appear.

"What are they,". she enquired.

"Um, they are like prickly plants. They do not need a lot of water and have spines to stop animals eating them,".

"Cool!".

Soon, we were surrounded by sand dunes, some even dwarfing the dragons considerably.

I nudged Electra:

"If we land behind this dune, every single dragon can land and we won't be seen by the castle,".

You could see the castle in the distance, the occasional flame of a guard dragon warming itself up illuminating various parts of the castle. Electra circled down, landing on the sand dune, followed by the rest of the Anchemi, then the army. They all settled down, resting their wings as they talked in muted tones. The riders and dragons sat together, discussing all and sundry - from the plan to what we thought a cactus tasted like.

The castle was coming closer, close enough until we could see the individual silhouettes of the lookouts. The palace infiltrators fell back, whilst Electra opened her mout and shot out her signal to begin the attack. A plasma ball exited her mouth, the pink and purple strands moving like a spider's web in the wind as it shot through the air, peaking above the central turret before exploding in a brilliant shower of pink, purple and white sparks. Electra fell back as the first two legions began the attack, whilst a third patrolled the forest, on the lookout for any Sarsians.

We followed Heffres through a small servant's passage, hurrying through the cramped, twisting passages until we came to the main palace. The change was significant. The walls were gilded with gold, dragon armour statues in the alcoves and braziers, their flames twisting and turning as they reached upwards. We followed Heffres through the halls until we came to two grand wrought iron doors. Heffres nodded.

"This is the throne room,". Without a word, we split up, Furnace and Adam down to the dungeons, Phantom to find Ceylon and Stephen, Atlas and Heffres to find any servants who were trapped in the crossfire.

We watched as they hurried down the different halls. No one looked back.