Raids

This next chapter is uploaded early thanks to kkcool23 for voting on every single chapter!

I hope you like it!

Whekim

P.S. the picture above is Striker

I sighed. My peaceful mornings were a thing of the past. The past few days had been hectic as the wind and lightning dragons trained for the attack on the cattle farm. I watched as the wind dragons performed a perfect aerial turn, before my view was blocked by Atlas and Stephen. Stephen nodded to me:

"Are you ready?"

I nodded. "Yes. Am I riding with you or Striker?"

"Striker"

Because Electra was so noticeable, and I needed to see how the dragons fought, I was going to hide my hair in my armour and pretend to be a lightning dragon rider. I would wear a helmet that covered my eyes and Adam was lending me his black elbow length riding gloves to cover my nails. I was interrupted from my musings as Atlas took off and Striker landed.

"Are you ready Amy?"

"Of course,". I scrambled up and guided Striker to the exit, where the dragons were waiting. There was a great roar as we came into view, before it quieted down as I gave a few last minute instructions.

"Remember, you are not to kill the cattle. We have opium on hand to drug them and carry them here, where they can be slaughtered as we need them to be. Stick to your Anchemi and the whole operation shall run smoothly. Wait for the signal and stay out of sight before then!".

Striker swept through the tunnel, followed by Atlas and then the first of the Anchemi.

Half an hour later, Atlas and Striker began to descend. The rest of the dragons stayed behind. There were probably far too many to fight two Anchemi but they need the experience and we will not be fighting. We were the decoy after all, to distract the riders. Striker landed with a thud, after Arctic. We were pretending to be his subordinates, so I wouldn't have to talk in a fake male voice.

Stephen dismounted and strolled over confidently. "I have come to collect food for my Anchemi,".

Two of the riders beckoned to us and we followed them inside.

"Are your dragons not coming?". Asked one of the riders as we walked along the wide open hallways. It stank of sweat and cattle and I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

Stephen laughed. "They can stay outside and warn us when the rest of the Anchemi comes.

The rider shrugged and took another step forward as Striker roared. I sprinted back outside, followed by Stephen. I mounted Striker and we took off. Once we were in the air, we began circling as the lightning and wind dragons rushed past, maws wide open. They dived, swooped, plunged and soared, white fire and lightning bolts raining down on the base. Meanwhile, three Anchemi poured opium over the hay before sprinkling it over the fields. The idea was for us to carry the cows whilst they were drugged and wouldn't panic. The riders and their dragons were surrounded and forced to the ground. I nudged Striker and we turned away. I hadn't wanted the riders, let alone the dragons to be killed but I had been outvoted.

"Amy,". Striker said.

"Yes?".

"We need to stop that. They don't deserve to be killed. We should be trying to recruit them, to gain more experienced riders to train the dragons,".

'Agreed. Let's go!". Striker surged around and roared at the top of his lungs. The dragons didn't move, too engrossed in trying to attack the riders. They were all grounded, not able to get in the air due to the mass of yellows, greys and whites.

"They aren't listening!". Striker said frustratingly. I stood up, forming a plasma ball to my hand.  First the pink formed, followed by the purple and encircled in a ball of translucent white. Taking aim, I fired it above their heads. It exploded in a spectacular fashion, allowing Striker and I to order them to get in the air whilst we spoke to the riders. Striker landed and I dismounted, walking to the riders. They were all unhurt, having been forced to the ground by the mass of dragons rather than being attacked. I took off my helmet. The riders gasped and one of the dragons stepped forward and bowed his head:

"My Queen, my sincerest apologies. We did not realise you were here,". I winced.

"I believe I owe you my apology. We were searching for food and our multiple Anchemi got a little out of control. I did not wish for you or your riders to be hurt in any way,".

The dragon nodded, before a grey wind dragon piped up: "How can you have so many Anchemi? Are they all ridden?".

I laughed lightly. "No, they are all unharnessed. They were ex slaves of Quaem, the Dragon King and fled to seek refuge with me,".

A lightning dragon looked troubled as she eyed the scars on all the dragons. "Are you looking for volunteers or trainers? That aerial pass was sloppy,".

I smiled. "If you and your rider are interested in fighting Quaem, we have multiple dragons of various species who need to be trained. I have found that my Anchemi do not have the necessary training to be good teachers,".

The dragons and riders huddled together, discussing before they looked at me. The riders stepped forward, with a tall wind dragon rider in front. "I assume you need knights, or an honour guard with you?".

I stared at him. "No, I do not need to be guarded, but if you would like to follow us, we can take you back to our base. However, you do need to swear not to tell the location of our base to the Academy,".

The riders nodded.