Amy's POV - Is it Over?

I pushed open the doors and walked in, Electra close behind. The throne room was huge! It had huge arched windows, gilded with silver aluminium like in the halls, and a high ceiling. The ceiling was a lapiz lazuli blue, and it reflected and scattered the light that hit it, giving the impression of shiny confetti on the ceiling. The floor was a mosaic, showing the different breeds of dragon. It looked to be older than Quaem - it was probably added by the previous King. My thoughts were confirmed when I noticed a smashed piece of mosaic, with just an yellow tail sticking out. Quaem must have liked the mosaic but didn't want the lightning dragon.around the throne room, there were multiple pillars, covered in precious gems so they sparkled in the light from the braziers placed at strategic points in the room. Quaem was sitting on his golden throne, an ugly, gaudy thing. He looked up.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the Queenling and her dragon. I guess that it is your army attacking our walls?". I looked him in the eye.

"Of course. That is the point of a rebellion after all,".

We stared at each other, him lounging in the golden throne, me, in the middle of the room, defiant. As we stood there, there was a buzzing sound, getting louder and louder until the windows exploded inwards, glass cascading down onto the floor. From behind me I could hear shouts:

"The King! We have to get to the King!"

"Your Majesty, are you all right?".

I looked at Electra.

"Would you mind sorting that out?". She snorted.

"Of course. I will see you in a minute,". I was thankful she didn't make it sound like a question. As she left, Quaem eased himself up from his throne.

"So, a puny little human is going to fight me. How does chargrilled elbow sound?". The sound of fighting in the hallway echoed through the hall. Quaem stepped forwards. "I am going to burn each limb off whilst it is still attached, before ripping it off with my own teeth and eating it. Bit by bit, I will rip off your hands, your forearms, your arms, your feet, your calves, your thighs, everything before ripping your head off,".

I felt my contempt grow. "You have to resort to threats to scare me? My, you must be worried,". I scanned his body as he lowered into a fighting stance. Three paces to either side of him would get him to stand on the glass littering the floor. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I was less than an eighth of his size, and as a human, probably a lot slower. As a menacing growl sounded, Quaem leapt forwards, claws and talons outstretched. I threw myself at the wall to my right, leaping into the air and closing my eyes. Horns sprouted, spines pushed up and I flapped my wings. I glided to the other side of the room and sat in the throne. It was huge! My aim was to rile up Quaem until he made a mistake. To my surprise, he chuckled.

"So the little Queenling has a secret. A dragony secret. How do you think people will react when they find that out? Will they be pleased or will they be nervous that nothing other than a hybrid is sitting on the throne. I've never seen a gold dragon before. What element are you?".

My blood was beginning to boil. How dare he! I took a deep breath, calming myself down. He was goading me. I roared, leaping off the chair before saying

"None that you know,". I landed on his back, my talons digging into his back. I could feel the squishy muscle beneath me and I dug my talons in deeper. Quaem roared in pain, thrashing about as I spat burning liquid gold on his body. He started running towards the wall and I tried to tug my talons out but they were stuck too deep in his flesh. He rammed into the wall as I roared in agony, crushed between the rough bricks and Quaem's body. His body seems to heat up, fire coating his skin, raging and burning. I screamed, and the fire roared into my mouth, my gold boiling, bubbling and rising to combat the fire. It rose up, up, up and through the window, the Northern Tower fell down,  creating a vast racket but I couldn't think about that, all I could think about was the heat, oh it was so hot, I was burning, my scales turning black due to the flames. My gold rises up, exploding out of my mouth, as I wrenched my talons out with a sucking noise, desperately, I shrank back into a pillar, still spewing gold out of my mouth.

Quaem staggers back, liquid gold coating and hardening around his muzzle. The extra weight makes his head droop and I push off from the pillar, ignoring the pain coming from my body due to the extreme heat. I open my mouth and shoot more gold at Quaem, testing his reactions. He barely dodges, exhausted from setting himself alight. His head hits the floor with a thump, and as I transform, horns shrinking, spines sinking down and I pull out my sword. I stand over Quaem, sword held above his head. His ruby red eye looks up, blinks and slowly shuts his eyes. I bring the sword down, and sink it deep into the crumbling marble beside him. His eye opens as the doors behind me burst open, my Anchemi forming up behind Electra

"You didn't kill me,". He whispers in disbelief.