Chapter One: Introduction

My names Amelia but everyone that i've met in the last 6 years only knows me by Lia. 

I ran away from my Dad 6 years ago with my Mum because, well, he's the leader of the mafia. I loved him and i know he loved me, but he kept hurting my Mum over and over again and so we had to leave.

He would never actually physically hurt her but mentally, always bringing home skank after skank and never even apologising. And if we did anything wrong he was always threatening to physically hurt her. 

For 6 years we have been living in Scotland, which is a big change from New York and Italy (we had 2 homes). 

I know that my Dad has been looking for us but so far he has been unsuccessful, he's pretty predictable when it came to places he thinks we would go and people we would trust. So we started over in a completely different place. But it wasn't easy, for about a year I didn't have any friends and I was having really bad nightmares that would keep me up all night. But then I met my friend group and everything got a better. 

There's Drew, Blake, Malcom and Ivar. Blake and Drew are twins but not identical because Drew's a girl. Malcom lives on the same street as me and Ivar lives on the next street. I met them in my second year in Scotland when I moved to the high school (I was still at primary school because I was 10) when we were in the same class. 

I sat next to Drew and we got talking, it turned out we had heaps in common, we both liked Taylor swift heaps (even though now I can't imagine listening to her, I like music more like Black Veil Brides and Yungblud now) and both our favourite food was hamburgers and chips with a chocolate milkshake. 

I met Blake, Malcom and Ivar when I was at Drew's house and since then we have been basically  inseparable. We get into trouble a lot but we find it fun. Last week though it got a bit extreme though because me and Blake got arrested. We all got caught stealing from the local police mans house but luckily Drew, Ivar and Malcom all got away.

Mum was pretty mad, like I knew she would be mad but this was excessive. I got home after Blake's Mum dropped me off and Mum was yelling at me for nearly an hour. She didn't come pick me up from the police station because she said I should of stayed there longer to learn my lesson, but it's alright we made up the next day when I made her breakfast in bed, she can never stay mad at me for long.

It's been a week since that happened and now I'm hanging out at Drew and Blake's place with the others trying to decide what to do tonight. It's a Friday night and we always hang out together and stay the night at someones house. 

"We could go to the park?" Ivar says 

"We went there last week" Drew says

"We could go the movies?" Malcom says

"Yeah with who's money" Blake says 

"Ugh we have to do something" I say

"We could just walk round a bit then get fish and chips?" Ivar says (we always get fish and chips for tea on Friday's)

"Yeah let's do that" I say and get up from the bean bag on the flour in Blakes room putting my jacket on.

We walk for about 10 minutes talking about nothing important.

"Who's car is that!" Drew says looking impressed. We were walking past a bar and there was some really fancy cars outside it. We live in a small Scottish town and we never see anything like this.

"Dunno, let's find out" I say and start to walk into the pub. The others follow behind me. None of us are legally allowed in the pub without parents even if we aren't drinking but the bartenders never care.

We walk in and sit at a table in the corner.

"Wow, they are like great gods" Drew says practically drooling 

I look over at who she is talking about, "eh, he's ok" the guy looks straight at me and I swear I recognise him from somewhere. I start to look round them, there's probably about 20 guys who all look Italian.

"Oh shit" I say under my breath

"What?" Blake asks

"Um, guys. We uh need to get out of here" I say quietly but loud enough for them to here. The guy i was looking at turns to his friend and says something to him then they both look at me. 

"Why?" Drew pouts 

"I'll explain later" I say and grab her hand and attempt to stand up, but one of the guys comes over while the other one walks out the door.

"Hey" he says looking at Drew 

"Drew come on" I say looking at the ground, but she doesn't listen to me, 

"Hey" she says to the guy

Blake realises I'm desperate and grabs Drew's arm, 

"Come on" he says and we go towards the exist. I'm just about to open the door when someone else opens it before me from the other side. 

My Dad