Chapter 23

It's the day of the ball and I can't be more excited. Which is weird considering I'm meant to be being considered for marriage tonight but I have plan. It's not a great plan but I'm hoping that it will work. 

I'm going to wear that horrible blue frilly dress with some hot pink sparkly trainers that have yellow shoe laces and a green bow. Iv'e got a purse that has a picture of a cat on one side and a hedge hog on the other and then I'm going to do some really bad makeup. 

Hopefully that alone will repulse Igor enough but just in case it won't I'm also going to spray way too much perfume that iv'e personally made by mixing about 10 different putrid perfumes together to make one deathly smelling perfume. 

I'm also planing on acting really annoying and laughing like Janice from 'Friends' constantly. Hopefully if everything works out Igor will defiantly not want to marry me and he will convince his Dad that he's not going to marry me. But I think really that Igor's Dad also won't want Igor to marry me because of how bad I'll look and annoying I'll be. 

"So your still going to go through with this?" Lucas asks wearingly when I get out of the shower. He's standing beside my bed staring down at the dress.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Dad you gave me the idea" I say laughing

"This is going to go badly" He says as he sits down on my bed 

"Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for" I say excited as I go to get changed into the dress. 

I look perfect, and by that I mean utterly repulsive. My makeup is done terribly, I have blue eye shadow all over my eye lids and it even reaches to my eyebrows which I have overdrawn with what looks like a thick black marker pen. 

"He's going to kill you" Leo says laughing as I walk out of my walk in wardrobe 

I laugh and twirl around in a circle, "I know, it's going to be brilliant" 

"We'd better go" Lucas says miserably as he walks out of my room with me and Leo following close behind. 

I didn't have to walk down the stairs this time because I told Leo that if I did I would ruin my makeup. He didn't believe me because it's not like the makeup could of gotten any worse but he still let me go in the elevator. 

"Well, well, well" My Dad says smiling as I walk into the living room, this can't be good, "I thought you might try something like this, that's why I have Rebecca here who is going to style you to make you look, well better than whatever this" He says and gestures to my dress laughing 

I look behind my Dad and see a woman in her twenties surrounded by dresses smiling awkwardly and on the coffee table there is a heap of makeup, great, just great. 

I don't say anything instead I just sit on the couch angrily while my Dad prances away laughing. 

"That didn't work" Leo says laughing and sitting down next to me, 

"Ya think?" I sarcastically ask sourly, "I can see that look of relieve Lucas" I say looking at Lucas who's sitting on the couch opposite of me

"Yeah, thats coz I am relieved. Your Dad can be a scary guy" 

"Yeah, I know" I say frustrated and looking at all the dresses

The rest of the afternoon passes slowly with Rebecca making me try on about a gazillion dresses until we find 'the perfect one'. Then when we finally both agree on a burgundy coloured dress then comes the makeup. 

Rebecca does a smoky eye with a dark red lip on me, she also put on some highlighter and a heap of other stuff but to be honest I don't know what it was all called.  

"There, you look perfect!" She says as she hands me a mirror to look at my makeup

"Igor will fall in love with you the second he see's you" My Dad says in a way thats meant to piss me off while he walks into the living room. Instead of getting angry I just keep my mouth shut because I honestly can't be bothered fighting just yet, I ned to keep my strength for later tonight.