Chapter 35

I lie wide awake on the bed. I can't pace around the room like I usually would when I'm planning because that would look like i'm planning and as I am most likely being watched I can't have that. 

I have three possible ways of escaping.

Number one

I get down to the -7th floor, then break all my friends out, then get back up to the ground floor, all without being seen. Then we need to steal a few snow mobiles, figure out how to drive them then try not get lost trying to get to some kind of civilisation. Then when we finally do get to civilisation we get help without speaking the language and without anyone finding out who we are and telling Igor or his father. 

Number two

I convince someone in the building like the staff to help me. Only I don't speak Russian and most of the staff only speak broken English. Also they all seem to be very loyal to their mafia. 

Both of those plans are flawed. 

And so for the last one

I need to make Igor fall in love with me...

Well this plan obviously sucks, but it's the one that is most likely to work and right now I'm desperate. 

The rest of the night passes slowly, with the pain in my forearm from being branded and the thought of what I need to do in my head, I don't get much sleep. 

"Up! Up! Get Up!" The same bent-backed old lady screeches at me as she throws some clothes onto the bed. 

I roll over and look at her sour face staring at mine with hatred, for a moment I contemplate reaching up, grabbing her thin grey hair and yanking as hard as I can while punching her in the jaw, but that thought quickly leaves me as I remember my friends and Lucas and what my actions will mean for them. 

So instead I smile and say a sweet 'Thank you' and reach for the clothes

Her face hardens and her eyes grow even colder than before, 

"I want no rude remarks from you or I will tell Igor and he will punish you for them" she says spitefully then leaves the room

So I guess staying quiet is the best option 

The clothes consist of red lace lingerie (I feel sick), black jeans, a red top and a long black fur coat with some big black boots. 

I get changed quickly before the lady comes back in. Just as I'm putting the coat and boots on the lady comes storming back in, 

"Hurry up you lazy girl!" she yells and I scramble to tie the laces on the boots

"Follow me" She says then immediately walks out the door, I follow her while doing up the coat

We walk down many different corridors and take many different turns until we end up where she wants, this place is massive and that just scares me more. I don't think I have even stopped shaking from fear since I arrived here. 

We stand in front of a big door, the sour lady knocks but no one comes and after a minute I want to suggest to her to knock again but I know that wouldn't go down well. Another minute passes and another until someone finally comes and opens the door. 

A big man looks at the lady then at me. 

"You can go" He says to the lady and she turns around and walks away, leaving me standing in front of a huge and terrifying man. 

"Come" he says in a gruff Russian accent before pushing the heavy door wider making room for me.

I walk into the room and see that it looks just like a waiting area at a doctors. Theres a desk right at the front of the room and a door next to it, there are a few couches scattered around but other than that there is nothing else and no one else except me and this man. 

"Sit" he says when I reach the nearest couch, I sit and wait. And wait, and wait. It isn't until 2 hours later (and I know because there is a clock above the desk) that something happens. 

Igor comes barging through the door and straight to me. 

"My beautiful fiancé" he says then sticks his hand out

He didn't even properly propose 

I stare at his hand, not sure what he wants me to do, does he want me to kiss it?

I must take too long thinking because he reaches down to my arm and pulls me so that I'm standing. 

"I have been warned by Dasha of your attitude. I don't want any of it" He says then starts pulling  me towards the door next to the desk. 

Dasha must be the sour lady whom I love so much (please note the heavy sarcasm)

We walk into a doctors office and there is all ready a doctor waiting

"Lie down" Igor says to me as he pushes me up onto the bed. I do as he says but now I am even more terrified than before. I don't know what they are going to, inject me with something? Take my organs? All the possibilities are running threw my head.

"Take your pants off" The doctor says to me 

"Uh?" I question before I can stop myself 

"I need to know that you are a virgin before I can marry you, do as he says" Igor says in his Russian accent, clearly annoyed 

A virginity test? Iv'e heard about them in history class back in Scotland and that that was what happened years and years ago, I didn't even know people still do them today. But I also know that they don't work and what if the doctor decides that I'm not a virgin? I am but if he decides that I'm not It's not like you can take your virginity back. 

Reluctantly I do as the doctor says. I feel so uncomfortable but at least I have realised something, Igor will only marry me if I'm a virgin which means that I will have to be a virgin up until the time I'm meant to marry him and I doubt that the wedding is going to be in the next week so at least I have some time to escape with my friends and Lucas. 

"She's a virgin" the doctor finally says

Igor nods to the doctor then turns to me and says as I am trying to get dressed,

"I expect you to have dinner with me tonight, Dasha will pick out something for you to wear and I expect you to wear it" he says then leaves the room without waiting for a reply 

I follow him out into the waiting area where Dasha is waiting, as Igor walks by her, she does a small bow as if he's a king. 

"Wait" Dasha whisper yells at me until Igor has walked out of the room 

"Follow me" she says and I follow her all the way back to the room I'm staying in. She opens the door then shuts it right behind me and I can hear her locking it. 

I walk over to the bed and get under the covers, I just want to be back in Italy with Lucas.