february 22, 2018

today is the day colby was taking me out. i was more than excited, i never really had anyone that wanted to take me out and get to know me. most of the time it was just booty calls. if someone did ask me out, we eventually just fell off or i didn't connect with them. i looked at my phone and i sighed. i should probably call my mom, i hadn't talked to her in awhile. she cared so much but i just pushed her away, i did that to most people.

ring, ring, ring

"hello my love." my mother's voice echoed through the phone. i let a tear fall, oh how i missed her.

"mom!!"

"yes dear? have you been doing alright? have you been keeping up on rent? how is youtube?"

"i've been okay mom. depression has kind of been rough recently, and sometimes i feel so very alone...but that's nothing new. other than that, youtube has been really successful and yes, my rent is always on time. im also going on a date tonight with this really freaking attractive guy named colby. he's really sweet." i smiled.

"well that's wonderful dear. i miss you very much, and i would love for you to come to vegas for a weekend to see me, but if not, that's alright. we haven't talked in a month or two, and i would be lying if i said it didn't upset me. but you caught me at a bad time sweetheart, i need to go...we will talk later okay? call me and let me know how the date goes, love you so much." and with that she hung up..

i sighed and looked at the lock, it read, "6:27 p.m.". time to get ready i suppose. i sat down at my desk and put on mascara, eyebrows, and a clear lip gloss. my freckles were on full display. i threw on a pair of gray joggers, a white crop top, and some white vans. this would do it, i wasn't gonna try too hard. if he doesn't wanna be here for the me in joggers, then why would i want him to be here for the me in a bodycon dress?

 if he doesn't wanna be here for the me in joggers, then why would i want him to be here for the me in a bodycon dress?

1 notification for colby

colby: ill be there in 15, you ready?

taylor: as ready as i'll ever be :)

colby: ill text you when i arrive at your apartment complex, i have a red car

taylor: ookie dokie