PROLOGUE

~3 years ago~

(Somewhere in Rome)

 The 20 years old Eirene Verbena Scofield-Burrows or more known as Irene has been focusing on her assignment until her phone start vibrating. She look at the screen and smile instantly seeing her oldest brother name appear on it.

 "'sup Linc." She greet.

 "Hey." Come the voice of her brother.

 She frown noticing his voice who in distraught. "What wrong? Are you okay?"

 Lincoln felt stupid for forgetting how easy his sister was at catching his emotions so he try to cover it. "Yeah, yeah I'm okay. I just miss you that's all. How's Rome."

 "It nice but not as good as being with my favourite brother." She joked even if still being suspicion over her brother.

 The man chuckle. "Don't let Michael listen to you. He'll get jealous you know."

 "Let that sour puss be. Did he even call you this few months?"

 "Yeah, we meet this morning. He.. um.. visit me." He stutter to cover his brother.

 Irene sigh. "Let me guess. You lost your key apartment again so you call him for help and on the way he found your key not far from the apartment."

 For other they would be shock at her deduction or how she know it, but for Lincoln and Michael, they know how smart she is in making deduction or probably because she know her brothers like the back of her hands.

 The silent on the phone cause the girl to sigh, annoyed. "I swear that guy ego doesn't even match his head."

 "It okay kid. Let him be. He probably tired that all."

 "Oh yeah, and I'm tired with his attitude. Just tell him the truth."

 Lincoln frown. "Truth about what?"

 "About the money that you borrow for us."

 "What money?"

 "Linc, I'm not stupid okay. I know mom didn't have life insurance. I also know that you split your parts and gave it to both of us. I do the math Linc and I check on it. Mom didn't have it."

 The line goes silent as Linc guiltily look at the ground. "I'm sorry-"

 "Why are you apologizing when it should be me and Mike who apologize for being a burden to you."

 "You're not burden." The older Burrows state. "You my sister, I'm your brother, it my job to take care of you, both of you."

 The girl chuckle sadly. "And we have been a very bad siblings toward you."

 Linc sigh. "How long have you know about it?"

 "The moment I get the money."

 "Seriously?"

 "Uhuh."

 "Wow, sometimes I forget smart you're compare to Michael."

 The girl laugh. "Trust me, not even close." Causing both of them to laugh. She was the first to stop and ask. "Seriously Linc, what on your mind?"

 "It nothing. It just that... It been a long day that all." He try to search for excuses to make his sister believe him.

 "Okay then. Did you call Mike? Talk to him, apart from asking about your key apartment where about?"

 "I did, but he ain't answering. Probably busy with work."

 "His office time over hours ago. Stop trying to defend him Linc. He a grown up now and should try to act like one. Don't worry I'll try to call him. If he didn't answer my call, he will find me in front of him apartment door ready to kick his ass."

 The man chuckle. "I know you will. There no such things as empty threat coming from you. Hey, I got to go. Something need to be done."

 "Okay, take care of yourself Linc. I'm coming home this Christmas, so you better be prepare."

 "I'll be kiddo. You too take care okay? I love you."

 "Love you too." With that she end the call with a sigh. She honestly miss both brother even if they aren't in the best state right now. Irene smile twirling origami crane that Linc gave her before her departure to Rome on her hand. Remembering that he always snuck inside her room and leave it on her bed. Same for Michael, whenever they sleep, he will came and leave it.

 If only she know that her oldest brother on his way to settle all his debt by killing someone, but backfiring. Ending him to be on the chair facing his execution.

 This will be the beginning of knowing the truth over all lies on their life. The siblings will learn to be by each other side and same times against each other.

A/N: I tried right? Hope you guys like it. If it get many reader, I will continue writing it. Enjoy and leave some comments about your opinion for it.