CHAPTER 3

Irene arrived at the court hour ago waiting for his brother hearing. Veronica also been call to be his solicitor. She approach her asking what's going on but Irene just shrug her off, still not in the mood of meeting her. She didn't really like her for leaving Lincoln but it also not her fault since he also push her away. But it didn't stop her from blaming Veronica for what happen. 

 When she first learn about the day Linc was capture, Irene got a fight with Michael for the first time. Both side screaming and shouting at each other. She demand to know why he didn't answer Linc call until he blurted out in rage that he with Veronica.

 It made her felt betrayed that Michael willing to be with his brother ex than with his own brother. It put the distance between the two until Michael come to her to apologize after learning the truth about the money than he thought was their mom life insurance. It was hard for her to forgive him, but she have the heart of Burrows that make her goes soft whenever she saw her siblings. It take time for them to mend their relationship, but they manage to as they together plan on helping Lincoln case.

 "Aunt Rene!" Call the voice that she hope that would be there.

 Irene spun and saw her niece running toward her. "What are you doing here?"

 "I- I heard what happen. Did Uncle Mike really do it? It- it impossible. This isn't like him. He won't do it. You thought so to right?" The boy ask with desperate tone not wanting losing another family member.

 She sigh. "Just go home LJ. He won't want you to see this."

 "No! I'm not going anywhere." The boy stomp off toward the hearing room leaving her to groan annoyed.

 "Hard headed just like his dad." She comment then follow the boy to the room.

~The hearing~

 "Rarely in the case of armed robbery do we hear a plea of no contest. Are you sure about this, Mr Scofield?" The judge inquired.

 "I'm sure, your honour." Michael smugly state making Irene roll her eyes with his cockiness.

 "Your honour, we'd like to recess if we could, my client's a bit confused at the moment." Veronica pleaded.

 "I'm not, your honour." Michael state.

 "He is, your honour." She argue back giving him stern look to keep his mouth shut.

 "Perhaps you should heed your representation's advice. Take some additional time to consider your response."

 "I've already done that, your honour." Michael state making Veronica glance at him in shock then back to the judge.

 "I'll retire to my chambers to determine sentencing. Court's recessed until 1:30." The judge banged her gavel after writing something.

 Michael spun and saw LJ along with his sister far behind to conceal herself. She gave him a look that state 'seriously.' But he just shrug.

 "Uncle Mike?" LJ call him in worry.

 "I didn't want you to come. Go home, LJ. I didn't want you to see this." He state as he led out of the courtroom along with Veronica.

 LJ spun and walk to her. "Aunt Rene, you've to do something."

 "There nothing I can do kid. We just have to wait for the judge decision."

 The boy frown. "How can you be so calm, that your brother over there!"

 Irene look at him blankly. "Trust me kid, this ain't my first rodeo. But that doesn't mean that I like having this experience. One waiting for his death sentences and another waiting for his jail to be warm up." She state making the boy guiltily look at the floor. She sigh and hug him. "Don't stress yourself to much kid or you'll be like me."