CHAPTER 4

-Inside Fox River State Penitentiary-

 Michael stand inside in his cell, folding an origami swan looking thoughtfully while Sucre trying to write letter for his girlfriend.

~Flashback~

 Michael visited Lincoln in prison after Irene had come and told him that there was something wrong with his case. She tried to convince him that Linc was innocent. She believed that her brother was innocent that it cause Michael and her to keep arguing about it. They also become distance and to try to mend the situation, he goes to visit Linc so that he can hear from the guy himself.

 Lincoln has to sat in a special booth during the visit as he was supposed high risk and Michael has to sat on the outside of the booth.

 "They denied the motion." Lincoln spoke.

 "Then do it again." Michael replied.

 "I can't. That's it. May 11, that the date man. That's the date they.. er.. you know, execute me." He answer in defeated.

 "I know." Michael state with tears threated to fall.

 "I didn't kill that man, Michael." Linc argued.

 "The evidence says you did."

 "I don't care what the evidence says, I didn't kill him."

 "Swear to me."

 Lincoln sigh seeing his brother broken state. "I swear to you Michael." He swore.

 "But how did they get it wrong then? The courts, the appeals-" Michael thought out loud.

 "Don't know. Don't know. All I keep thinking on looking back on it is that I was set up. And whoever it was that set me up wants me in the ground as quickly as possible." Lincoln cut his thought.

 Michael stay in silent with tears falling at his brother words.

 "How is she taking it?" Lincoln asked.

 The younger brother know who he pointed at. "Obviously not well. We argued. A lot. She convinced me that you innocent. That she believe that something was wrong about this whole the situation."

 "Where is she right now?"

 "I told her to go back and finish her study. Said that would be what you want. Which cause another argument but she did flew back to Rome. She said that she will tried to finish it earlier so that she can be here."

 Lincoln frown. "Can she?"

 Michael laugh. "Do you forget who we are talking about?"

 "Yeah, sorry. Forgot about that for seconds." The oldest laugh at the thought of his sister. His expression turn solemn. "Take care of her Michael. You all she left."

 "What's another word for 'love'?" Sucre ask snapping him out of his thought.

 "What's the context?"

 "Oh, you know, the I-love-you-so-much-I-ain't-never-knocking-over-liquor-store-again context."

 Michael laugh at the answer.

 "Except, you know, classy." Sucre add.

 The asked man thought. "Mm..."

 "I'm proposing to my girl you got know." He inform.

 Michael glance at him a bit surprise. "In a letter?"

 "You got a better way?" The man shoot back.