CHAPTER 5

-Inside Fox River State Penitentiary-

 At the courtyard, Michael and Westmoreland are playing checkers. Michael manage to anticipate all Westmoreland move as he takes two of Westmoreland's checkers.

 "You're anticipating every one of my moves three moves in advance. You're a hell of a strategist, Fish." The old man comment.

 "My sister could do better."

 Charles nod at the new information. "Then you have one hell of a sister."

 "You ever think about Boston?" Michael ask.

 "Sure."

 "Think you'll ever see it again?"

 "I'm a 60 year old man with 60 years left on my ticket. What do you think?" Charles chuckle.

 "I'm thinking about going." Michael gave him clue.

 "Well, there's going and there's going. Which one do you mean?" The old man raise an eyebrow.

 "The one you think I mean."

 Charles shook his head laughing. "Three days inside and he's already thinking about turning rabbit. It'll pass. It always does. Bigger things to worry about at the moment. I've been in here long enough to know it when I see it. The calm before the storm." He glance toward a group white and black people arguing and pushing each other by the bleacher. "Whites and blacks would run in each other real soon here. Everybody chooses sides and a lot of guys bleed."

 "There a reason?" Michael frown.

 "The same reason you don't put cats and dogs in the same cage. They don't get along." Charles answer casually.

-Irene's apartment-

 Irene was happily humming while typing on her laptop when her phone start vibrating. She roll her eyes the moment she look at the name of the caller.

 "What do you want?" She ask coldly.

 "Michael was right?" Veronica state.

 The girl raise her eyebrows. "I beg your pardon?"

 "Lincoln's case. He told me there something more is going on about this case. I visited Michael and he told me about it. Bishop McMorrow was killed last night."

 "The one that oppose Lin's death penalty?"

 "Yeah."

 "Surprise, surprise." Irene said sarcastically.

 Veronica who was on the way to the courthouse stop. "You know?"

 "About what?" The girl act innocently.

 "That someone frame Linc on killing vice president's brother."

 "I remember you said that the evidences was clear that Linc was the one doing it."

 Veronica frown. "I did and I was wrong okay. I thought you believe in him. Are you going to leave your brother just like that?"

 "That the problem, unlike you I never abandon him. Good day V, and try not to get involve too much in this case. Thought about it, if someone manage to kill someone with that great influence, what stopping them from doing it to you?" With that she end the call. The girl sigh rubbing her face. "What the hell you thinking Mike, if something happen to her Linc would be devastated." She spoke to herself. Unknown to her, Veronica didn't listen to her advice which make those who frame his brother known about what the solicitor trying to do.

-Inside Fox River State Penitentiary-

 In the chapel, Lincoln was sitting alone in the front row while Michael was in the row directly behind him.

 "What the hell were you thinking, Michael? How are we doing it?" Lincoln ask.

 "The infirmary." Michael answer.

 "The infirmary?"

 "Yeah, Ren help me finding the loop hoe of this prison."

 "She in this plan."

 Michael smile. "Yeah, she quite worried about it but she on boat."

 "And she alone out there?" Lincoln ask worry about his sister.

 "I know, I worried too. I told her to lay low. Don't make herself to visible. She will help us from outside."

 Lincoln nod but still not liking the thought of sister being alone. "So how did you get will into infirmary?"

 The younger brother lean forward. "It's the weakest link in the security chain. As long I get that PUGNAc, I'll get all the access I need."

 Lincoln frown. "The hell's a PUGNAc?"

 "It lowers my insulin levels to the point that I'm hypoglycemic. As long as the good doctor thinks I'm diabetic, I'll have plenty of time in there to do what I need to do."

 "Which is?" Linc ask unsure.

 "A little work. A little prep for your arrival. That's the idea anyway."

 "The idea?"

 "There's a little hitch in getting the PUGNAc, that's all. They don't exactly stock it at the commissary."

 "You're telling me this whole's thing's riding on a bunch of pills?" Linc state in unbelievable tone.

 Leaning back and looking across the prison chapel. "Someone's working on it as we speak."

 Lincoln turns to see who Michael is looking at, he sees C-Note looking back at Michael. Lincoln turns back shaking his head not liking the idea. "Now's not the time to be trusting a black inmate, Michael."

 "Our relationship transcends race." Michael inform not wanting to warried him.

 "Nothing transcends race in here. I can't let you do it. Good behaviour, you're out of here in 3 years and take of Rene for me."

 "I'm gonna be a whole lot sooner than that. I also promise her that we will be together again."

 "It can't be done." Lincoln stop talking as someone walk past. "It can't be done, Michael, no one's ever broken out of Fox River."

 "Every single step's already been mapped out. Every contingency." Michael lean forward.

 "Every contingency? You may have the blueprints to this place but there's one thing those plans can't show you: people. Guys like Abruzzi. You so much as look at these guys the wrong way, they'll cut you up." Lincoln sigh.

 Michael glance at Abruzzi who slowly looked back. "Far as the rest of these guys are concerned, I'm just another con doing his time. Staying out of trouble. Honestly Linc, Rene warned me the same thing."

 "You don't go looking for trouble in here, it just finds you and you know how right she was. She worried about you. You know the plan but she know the danger of it."

 "And when it does, we'll be long gone. She just have to have some faith Linc."

 "This is madness. You can't even get out of your cell." Lincoln sigh.

 "Not true." Michael smirk.

 "What? You got a key?"

 "Something like that. Oh, there one more thing." Michael said in realization then smile.

 "What is it?" Lincoln ask in worried.

 "Ren told me to tell you that she love you."

 Lincoln chuckle. "Yeah, I love her too, both of you." He state making Michael smile knowing that Linc was happy hearing the message.