CHAPTER 7

-Inside Fox River-

 Irene drum her fingers on the table waiting for her brother to come. She glance up seeing him limping toward her making her frown. Michael sat in front of her in silent knowing that she saw him limping even when he tried to cover it.

 "Who did it?" Irene bluntly ask.

 Michael sigh. "It doesn't matter."

 "Abruzzi?" She raise her eyebrows.

 "Ren, don't." Michael warn the girl to control her anger.

 Irene bit inside her cheek. "I warn you about this place."

 "I know. I remember." He hang his head low.

 "How's Linc?" She ask changing the subject.

 "He's good. They separate him from other inmate, since he been mark as highly dangerous."

 The girl snort. "Seriously?" Michael just shrug. "How the plan going?"

 Michael look around then back to his sister. "It in progress."

 "It didn't work well didn't it?" She bluntly ask knowing that her brother tried to cover it.

 "Something like that, but I can handle it."

 "Don't really have a choice do you."

 Michael sigh. "V, came here yesterday. She said she met Leticia-"

 "Leticia Barris, I know."

 "Did she tell you about it?" Michael ask, surprise that his sister talk to Veronica.

 Irene gave him a look. "No, little bird told me about it."

 Michael smirk. "Forget that you have eyes all over the city."

 "Yeah, those rusty memory of your is the reason of having those tattoo." She teased.

 Michael ruffle her hair causing both of them laughing. "You cheeky little-"

 "Relax, I'm joking. Kind off."

 "How are you doing?" Michael ask.

 Irene shrug. "Kind of all over the city. From another place to others. But I'm doing okay. I miss you, both of you. It been quite lonely now a days."

 Michael expression soften. "I'm sorry."

 "Nah, it's okay. It need to be done right? So that we can all be together again." She nod understanding.

 "Yeah, we will." Michael smile at his sister lovingly.

 The bell rings ending the visit. They both stand up and hug each other. Both didn't want to let go from the embrace but find their courage to do it. Michael hold Irene face with both hands.

 "I love you okay? I always do." He state lovingly.

 Irene chuckle. "I know and I love you too. Send my love to Linc."

 Michael smile at her to reassure the girl. "I will." With that he watch as his sister walk out of the room not before glance back at him and wave which he wave back.

 The girl walk out of the prison with smile plastered on her face, happy to see her brother. She take out her a device tracker from her jacket and look at the see where Veronica is. Irene have planted a tracker on Veronica when she didn't know. She put it in her phone when she was asleep. Veronica didn't know it but her fiancée, Sebastian help Irene do it.

~Flashback~

 Sebastian glanced at his fiancé who sound asleep and manage to slip out unnoticed. He walked down the stairs to meet the girl that been waiting in the living room waiting for him.

 "Here, make it quick." Sebastian told her.

 Irene take the phone. "Calm down, I know what I'm doing." The girl told him while taking off the back of the phone and start her work.

 The man watch impatiently as she do it and ask. "Are sure about this?"

 "About what?" The girl ask not taking her eyes of her work.

 "The situation V in?"

 "Trust me Seb, I know danger when I see it."

 "Is there anything else that I could do to help her?" Sebastian ask, getting worried.

 Irene stand up with the finished planted phone and hand it to the man. "Just act like nothing happen. Just act normal, she need you Seb. Sometimes she need someone who will take her stress out of all this."

 The man nod his head understanding and take the phone back to the room. Irene just watch as the man walked back up the stairs. As she pass by the living room, she stop at the table that contain V pictures with Linc and Michael during her graduation. Irene was the one who take the picture for them since she didn't like to take photo of herself. She put back the picture and walk out.

~End of flashback~

 Irene arrived at the apartment that Veronica went in. She park her bike in the alley between the buildings. The girl walk toward the apartment wearing sunglass and hat to cover her face. She walk in the apartment and look around making sure no one see her. She walk up the stairs and hear the voice of two woman. She hide behind the wall silently hearing their conversation.

 "Where you going?" She hear Veronica ask.

 "Ireland. What difference does it make?" The voice that she remember belong to Leticia.

 "It makes all the difference, nobody's ever gotten your testimony."

 Leticia huff in annoyed. "That's exactly the reason I'm still breathing." Then Irene hear shuffling coming from the room as Leticia continue packing her bags.

 "I'm not with them, Leticia, you have to believe me." Veronica reassure her.

 "Oh, yeah? Then what you sneaking in here for?" Leticia ask not believing her.

 "I thought maybe they'd gotten to you."

 "Oh, yeah. And why do you care so much about my well-being all of a sudden?"

 "I don't." Veronica answer truthfully.

 Irene raise her eyebrows at the answer. "Damn V." She whisper smirking.

 "Finally, an honest answer." Leticia shoot back.

 "But maybe you can save Lincoln. And maybe you can bring down the guys who killed your boyfriend in the process. If somebody killed you and Crab could have done something to the guys who did it, you think he would've?"

 "I'm not as strong as he was. I can't take those people on." Leticia explain.

 "I'll take them on. All you have to do is come to my office and tell me what you know. I'll type it up, you can sign the affidavit and split. I'll take you to the airport myself." Veronica suggest.

 Irene frown at her words and quickly walk out of the apartment. She walk to her bike sighing taking her helmet. "I guess you will getting a guest huh V? My god women, your intention was good but this.. Urgh.." She punch the wall with side of her fist. She know the moment they got somewhere, those people will make it a dead end.