003

EATING SOME BREAKFAST, Wanda came into the kitchen to join Alaïa. They weren't speaking to each other. Wanda told Alaïa what had happened during the meeting. Alaïa felt low of herself again, she felt like she is still the cause for this though the accident happened couple days ago.

"Did they leave?" Alaïa piped up not looking up at Wanda.

"Yeah, they did," Wanda said making Alaïa continued eating her eggs in silence. "You still have training though. Steve really wants you to practice that new trick that Vision somewhat mentioned to you last week." Wanda said in almost a whisper.

"What's the point? I can't even hold a force field what makes you think that I can do that."

Wanda's head snapped towards Alaïa. Wanda has never seen this side of Alaïa before. Yes, Wanda knows that Alaïa dislikes using her powers, but Wanda never seen Alaïa disliking herself for it. Alaïa looked up at Wanda to find her staring at her already.

"We both made mistakes and you should use that help you." Wanda said calmly.

Wanda still hasn't recovered the thought that she was also part of people's life's lost in Lagos. She had to act the bigger person not only for herself but for Alaïa also.

Alaïa shook her head and got up placing her dish into the sink. "I think—I'm done with my powers. People get hurt, I might as well not even use them." Alaïa stated while leaving to go into her room.

"So you're going to stop using your powers? The same powers that can be used to save people?"

Alaïa stopped walking, and felt a sudden anger rise within her. She turned around to look at Wanda who was already watching her.

"Exactly, Wanda, I am going to give my powers a rest. Because the first time, I tried to use my powers for good–or my first out with the Avengers, I killed innocent people." Alaïa spat at Wanda. "So if that makes me a bad person for not using them, fine. At least, I won't be placing other people in danger."

Before Wanda can respond, Alaïa left her in the kitchen alone and started to go towards her room instead of the training room within the compound. Turning the corner, she saw Vision walking towards her.

He gave her a small smile as he saw the teenager brush pass him. "Good morning, Alaïa. Is Wanda up already?"

She nodded, "she's in the kitchen." Alaïa spoke up with no emotion.

Vision stopped walking then turned to the teen who is walking to her room. "You know, that you are very powerful right?"

Alaïa stopped walking, and slowly turned around to face Vision. She began to speak, "I'm not powerful, Vision. Wanda is powerful; she doesn't realize it yet."

"Yes, but when will you realize it?"

Alaïa looked at her feet trying to find an answer. Her mind went blank. Alaïa has never thought of herself as powerful since she only has three abilities, and comparing her powers to Wanda it made Alaïa feel weak in a sense.

"Alaïa, I know HYDRA didn't finish testing you, but it makes us curious knowing what other abilities you have. Wanda expanded her powers, meaning maybe you can do the same. You having force field, invisibility and flight are your basic ones but what if there's more to you and you are simply going to give it up?"

There was silence in the hallway, Alaïa looked up at Vision and she shrugged her shoulders in response. She doesn't have the strength to continue this conversation. "I guess we will never know huh?" Alaïa said walking backwards heading towards her room.

Vision slumped his shoulders, "I guess we won't."

Entering her room, Alaïa felt anger and sadness in her veins. She felt broken–the kind where she felt where she cannot be fixed. Alaïa is well aware of her highs and lows of her mental health, but for the first time, she knows that she is at her lowest.