Chapter 18: The First Ritua- Game

Looking at the hallway in front of the crowd, Kula noticed that the space wasn't big enough for all the student to fit through.

This has to be the first actual obstacle. She thought, already formulating a plan in her head. If she could somehow get above the crowd, she'd be able to get past the tunnel in no time as well as avoid the pushing crowd that would no doubt be like a solid wall if someone tried to go through.

Glancing down at her side, Kula opened and reached into a side bag that was full on inventions she had made during class, lunch, and even for a few hours after school. Most of them were prototypes for when she was GearHead.

Slipping off her current gloves and taking deep breaths to calm her heart rate, Kula put on a different pair of gloves as fast as she could with her shaking hands, Her heart rate went down slightly once they were on. The gloves were black— very similar to her other pair other than the obvious pads on the fingertips and her index finger not being covered by the black material.

"Alright! Go, go go!" Present Mic shouted, and the crowd rushed forwards, getting stuck halfway though the tunnel just as Kula expected.

"Let's hope these work." Kula muttered to herself as she followed the crowd into the hallway. Pushing herself towards the wall— which wasn't that hard with everyone around her helping her in a way— she pressed one of her hands against the wall, feeling the gloves stick. Taking a deep breath, she hoisted herself up and climbed until she was clinging to the roof of the hallway. Now uttering swears under her breath, Kula made her way across the ceiling, regretting not making boots that would allow her to cling to the ceiling with her feet— she was moving forwards all right, but her core muscles were screaming out in pain as she forced her lower body to keep herself against the top and defying gravity. Needless to say, she was extremely grateful once she got out of the tunnel and onto the ground— even if it were coated in a layer of ice.

Shakily skating forwards, Kula caught sight of a few students in front of her, and she recognized that most of them were part of Class 1-A. Though she didn't dwell on the students in front of her for long due to the fact that multiple giant robots appeared in front of the group of students, smacking a purple ball haired boy across the clearing as they appeared. Upon seeing them Kula stumbled to a stop right as the ice ended before the robot-filled clearing.

Don't tell me that those were what the hero course students had to fight. Kula thought to herself as she paled slightly. Though they were soon covered in a layer of ice, presumably from the duel haired boy at the front of the group, who was not running under them. Once people realized that the robots were frozen solid, a bunch of students rushed forwards proclaiming that there was now an opening between their legs. "Don't they see that those things have been frozen off balance?" Kula asked herself, watching as the robots started to tilt forwards and fall to the ground.

Kula covered her face as a ton of dust washed over her, opening her eyes to see the debris of the giant robots on the ground, now blocking the opening to the next obstacle, as well as smaller robots creeping up on the group.

"Hey, there's someone trapped under the robot!" Someone in the crowd shouted.

"Should we try to help him?"

"Are people seriously going to die here?"

Not even a second later, a familiar red haired boy popped out of the top of the robots. "I'm alive!" He shouted

Kula remembered back to the USJ incident, and what he told her after the fact as she was being escorted to the police car. Slapping her cheeks and clearing her head as Kirishima and a class 1-B student ran across the top of the robot, she took a deep breath and ran straight towards the robot, starting to scale it easily.