Chapter 34: Internships for the Support Course?

"You did not have that scar before the break." Mika said, leaning forwards, her face only inches away from Kula's. "What happened to you."

They had been dismissed for a short break between classes as the teachers switched around, which left the students free to talk amongst themselves, much to Kula's dismay.

Kula shrugged. "Things." She said simply. "Stuff."

"Yeah, well things and stuff doesn't give people badass facial scars. Besides, with how you texted me over the weekend, I know something's up."

"I'm just stressed about school is all." Kula said, forcing a small smile on her face, flinching as she heard a squeal next to the two.

"You smiled!" Kishi exclaimed, his eyes wide and sparkling.

Kula's cheeks warmed up, "N-No. I was smirking there's a difference!" Kula said.

"Aw, you're all flustered~" Mika teased, making Kula's cheeks grow hotter.

Kula puffed up her cheeks in annoyance before looking down at her notebook, sketching something but also nothing at the same time. Really just anything to get herself out of the conversation. It was working, until two arms snaked around her and tightened around her waist. Kula let out a squeak of surprise as Mika lifted her up easily, causing the black haired girl to stand up.

"Did she just squeak?" Kishi asked, his eyes sparkling.

"I think she did."

"Alright class, settle down." Power Loader said as he walked into the classroom, standing at the front and watching as the groups of friends separated and went back to their seats. Luckily, Mika let go of Kula and headed back to her seat, though not before looking over her shoulder and sending a wink Kula's way.

***

"Alright everyone, I have an announcement to make." Power Loader said. "You have all probably heard about the internships that the hero course students go through, the Support Course has something similar. You were allowed to show off your inventions during the sports fest, and upon seeing those inventions and support items they make offers."

"Are they going to buy off our inventions and claim them as their own?" A girl with green bobbed hair asked.

Power Loader shook his head. "I can see why you're concerned about that, but this is why it's similar to the Hero Course. The offers companies make include an internship. Depending on what offer you accept you'll go to that specific company and shadow under some of the inventors there. You'll improve your skills all the while making connections in the business."

Kula watched as Power Loader grabbed a remote from the podium and pressed a button, names and numbers appearing, as well as bars of varying lengths between the names and the numbers.

"Hey hey hey! Look at that! Me and my babies were able to get the most offers!" Hastume exclaimed.

Kula looked at the board, she was right, Hatume was at the top with 76 different offers. Though after that ten minute commercial she put on during what was supposed to be a 1 v 1 battle Kula wasn't surprised the pinkette got so many offers. What did surprise her was who had gotten the second most offers. It was her.

She had gotten 58 offers. 58 different companies to individual scientists wanted her because of the few inventions she had shown off during the sports festival.

"Everyone will intern over the week, even if no offers came your way. On the podium there are papers that has a list of companies willing to take you. I'll pass out the papers of those received offers from the Sports Festival. Make sure you choose wisely, you'll be learning from these people for a week."

He placed a paper in front of Kula, and she looked at it. The list of companies that had given her offers were all on that paper. Picking it up, she felt determination well up inside her. Something inside her made her feel like these internships were going to change her life for the better. She just didn't know how.

_____
Hey Sinners, guess who's working on a new BnHA story in the drafts? This gal! I wanted to give a little preview of it so I'm giving you guys the summary, so, here it is!

The title of the book is Heiress.

Being from a family of Pro heroes, great things were expected of Emiri Koyama. But when she was a little girl, those expectations were almost diminished when it was learned she would spend her life bedridden due to a rare illness. It was described as a miracle when she made a recovery at the age of 12. Almost immediately, she was put on the track to become a hero. Emiri followed along with the orders she was given as she grew up, knowing that she had big plans of her own.

"People should not be defined by their quirks, but instead by how they use them. And I'm going to make the people realize that."