Chapter 44: Getting onto the Airplane for a Feels Trip!

Soon, it was the day Kula was going to be leaving for I-island. He had stood with her as she checked her bags and walked her to security and then promptly decided that the would wait with her until Mika showed up. The two of them had agreed to meet at security— and here Kula was, standing just to the side of the security line alongside Aizawa, who was asleep in his sleeping bag, watching as people passed by.

"K!" A voice shouted, and Kula looked to the side of her to see that Mika was walking up to them, a big grin on her face. She stopped in front of Kula and looked down at Aizawa, a confused look appearing on her face. "Um-"

"Don't ask." Kula said. "This is normal for him."

"No, I know about that, I'm asking why the teacher for class 1-A is sleeping beside you."

Kula scratched the back of her head, adverting her gaze and looking at the passing civilians. "It's... a long story."

"Well, we have a long flight ahead of us, so you can tell me everything then." Mika said, then Kula watched as she turned around and waved at two adults— a woman with short blonde hair and fingers similar to Mika's, and a man with duel purple and green hair. Both of them were dressed insanely well. The two waved back before turning around and walking out.

"Aizawa. You can get up. I'm leaving now."

The yellow caterpillar shifted and Aizawa stood up— still encased in the sleeping bag. "Remember to call me when you land." He said.

"Yes sir." Kula said, and watched as he stepped out of the sleeping bag and headed off, leaving Kula standing with Mika.

"Well, come on, let's get through security! Don't want to miss our flight!" Mika said, grabbing Kula's hand and pulling the two of them into the line.

***

Once on the plane, Kula took her seat and looked around in awe. She had discovered that Mika's parents were very influential. Her mother was a very influential quirk researcher with quite a few published books, and her father was a very successful surgeon. Mika told her that when they found out that Kula had invited her to go to I-Island, they would pay for the plane tickets and any expenses— they even gave Mika a debit card to use while on the island. Though when they paid for the tickets, they ended up getting first class seats for both Mika and Kula.

There were a total of eight seats in first class, one seat on each side of the aisle and in the middle there were two seats connected with a adjustable screen between the two of them. Mika and Kula sat in a set of the middle seats. The chairs were like lounge chairs and kula bounced a bit when she went to sit down on it.

Mika rolled down the screen and leaned forwards, "Alright, you going to tell me why exactly the 1-A teacher was sleeping beside you."

"Well, to put it simply... he's kinda... my guardian?"

"Guardian? Like, he's your dad basically?"

Kula tensed up slightly, "N-No! He's not my dad— well, maybe? Not biologically." Kula looked at Mika, seeing that the blonde was still dying of curiosity.

"You can't leave me with just that. I mean, why is he your guardian, what happened to your parents?"

"Well, that's kind of difficult." She looked at Mika, and took a deep breath, "But I guess, sharing it with someone else you trust is a way to move on from something." And so, Kula started telling Mika everything, starting at the beginning.

***

By the end of her story, Mika was quiet, a solemn look on her face as she looked at Kula. "All of that just because your quirk happened to benefit them? Damn, I hope they rot in jail."

"Well, hopefully they are." Kula said. "Actually, when I texted you during the short break after the Sports Festival, they had been arrested earlier that day."

"I knew something was up, I just didn't think it was something that big. K... I'm sorry you had to go through something like that."

Kula placed a hand o the back of her head, "You don't need to apologize, besides everything has been dealt with— Mika, what are you doing?" Kula asked, cutting herself off when Mika grabbed her hands and held them in hers.

"I promise that as long as we're together, I won't let you feel as bad about yourself or your quirk as when you did back then. You, and your quirk are special."

Kula's cheeks warmed up and she started sputtering a bit before she was able to for a complete sentence,"I uh, it's almost as if your proclaiming your love for me."

Mika smiled softly and lifted one of Kula's hands to her face. She turned it around so Kula's palm faced upwards and after a second, she placed a kiss into the middle of her palm. Pulling away, she balled Kula's fist up. "So what if I was?"

Kula let out a series of squeaks and sputters as she processed what had just happened. "M-Mika... I don't know— I."

"It's a simple answer." Mika said, "No matter what you say I'll still be your friend, and if things go well, maybe even more."

Kula took a deep breath, trying to calm down her heart before it ended up beating out of her chest. "I... uh... yes. My answer is yes."

Mika grinned and placed a kiss, this time on the back of Kula's hand. "Well, K, it seems we're ow girlfriends."

Kula smiled, "It seems like it." She said, and despite her heart beating quickly, her chest felt lighter than it ever had been before.