Chapter 31: *sputtering* Do I look like your dad??

After some questioning from Tsukauchi, and watching her parents be carted off to jail, Kula got out of her bed— despite Recovery Girl telling her to stay in bed.

"I just need to go to the restroom. Chill." Kula said, heading to the small bathroom that was in Recovery Girl's Office, listening as the elderly woman muttered something about disrespectful youth.

Kula headed to the sink and and splashed water on her face before looking at her reflection. The rest of her injuries had been healed up not too long ago. Reaching up to the bridge of her nose she traced over a small scar. It started on the bridge of her nose, and curved down the left side of her face, stopping just under the far corner of her eye. Though Kula didn't mind, she kinda like the way it looked. It was badass.

In her back pocket, there was a small beep. Reaching back, she took out her phone and turned it on, her eyes landing on a message.

Little Firecracker
How's your break going?

Kula looked at the message, trying to think about how she could respond. She could always tell her exactly what happened, but she didn't think she should unload all her problems on Mika.

Kula
You know, it's been going.

Little Firecracker
Been going? That doesn't sound like a positive thing. Everything good?

Kula silently cursed herself, even though the two had known each other for a short time, Mika seemed to be able to read her like an open book, even over text.

Kula
Of course, why wouldn't it be?

Little Firecracker
Because you normally tell me details about things in your life
Well. Mostly you ramble about your latest invention

Kula
Everything's fine.

Little Firecracker
Sureeeeee -.- Well, I won't pry now.
But don't expect me to be this lenient when we get back to school.

Kula
Alright.

Kula felt kinda bad about how cold she was being to Mika, but she couldn't bring herself to tell her everything. She would eventually... she just didn't know when eventually was going to be. Sighing, she walked out of the bathroom to see Aizawa back and talking to Recovery Girl.

Drying off her face, she stepped out of the room, stopping in her tracks when the both of them looked up at her. "Uh, am I interrupting something?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not at all." Recovery Girl assured, "Shouta— Erasure Head and I were just discussing living arrangements for you."

"Why would you need to discuss that? I can just live at my house, right?" Kula asked.

"No. You can't. There's a high chance of the League of Villains knowing where you've been living. My assumption as to why they haven't come for you is because of the check ins with the cops." Erasure Head said.

"So, I can just go back to the house and keep the cops. Problem solved. Or, I could go to Ms. Ito's. She's like family to me." Kula said. She looked from Recovery Girl to Erasure Head, knowing that there was no way she was getting through to them— but hey, it was worth a try, right?

"No. You need to be under the watch of a Pro Hero." Erasure Head said, "Both at school, and at home."

"And that means exactly...?"

"From now on, you're going to be under my watch." Erasure Head said.

"I'm sorry, what the fuck did you just say?" Kula asked.

"Language!" Recovery Girl scolded.

"Sorry sorry. I must not of heard you right. Erasure Head, as in this man, this pro hero standing right here, is going to— in basic terms— be my dad?"

"I'm not going to be your dad. I'm going to be your guardian." Erasure Head corrected. "Which means you're going to be staying under my roof until you graduate."

"But I thought you hated me? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've never once talked to me without sounding suspicious that I was going to suddenly launch a villain attack on the school." Kula was having a hard time wrapping her head around the fact that her absolute favorite Pro Hero was going to be watching over her.

"I'll admit I was suspicious of you. But that's just more of a reason for me to be the one to look after you. I know what kind of danger you could cause, and what kind of danger you've been involved in. Now no more questions."

"But-"

"I said no more questions. Once you get the okay from Recovery Girl, you'll be moving into my apartment." He started to walk out of the room before he paused, "Oh, and one more thing. Call me Aizawa, it would be annoying if you kept calling me by my Hero name."

"Yeah... of course." Kula said, pinching her arm and suddenly being hit by the sudden realization that everything that had just happened was 100% real.

Erasure Head— Aizawa was going to be her legal guardian.

______________
Sorry for not updating the past two weeks. My sisters were back from college/ internships for the week and I started playing Broken Age and got kinda addicted. Whoops.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter though!
I'm always ready for some Dadzawa.

-Sin