Chapter 43: I-Island?!

Since Kula's not going to the training camp, I'm going to be replacing that Arc with the I-island movie/arc!
________

It was a hot summer afternoon, and Kula was walking back from the grocery store. It was just down the street from where Aizawa lived, so it was easy for her to convince him to let her walk there herself to buy some popsicles. Normally, Aizawa would want her to be with someone— Mika and Kishi, or just someone else in general. "Just in case a villain comes." He would say. As she got to the apartment she noticed a purple haired boy standing in front of the door.

"You need something?" Kula asked, recognizing the boy once he turned and looked at her.

"U-uh, yeah. I'm supposed to be meeting someone in here." He said, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Wait, you're Shinso Hitoshi, correct?" Kula asked. Since the Sports Festival, she had seen him around the halls quite a bit, and stayed a bit after school when Aizawa was training him— apparently after the Sports Festival the grown man had decided that the boy had potential.

The boy nodded, looking towards the ground.

"You're the boy Aizawa's been training at school! I guess you're here to train— since the school's not available right now for training."

"H-How'd you know that?" Shinso asked, looking at Kula with a taken aback expression.

Kula slipped some keys out of her pocket, "It's kinda hard to not know what your guardian is doing when you have to stick around him most of the time."

"Guardian?"

Kula unlocked the door and stepped inside the apartment, Nugget coming up to greet her by rubbing against her legs and purring. "Yeah. That's what I said. Aizawa, I'm back, with the boy you've been training! Wake your ass up!"

"Language." Aizawa said as he stepped out of the kitchen, a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Kula said as she walked past him and into the kitchen to put the popsicles into the freezer. "I'll be in my room if you need anything."

***

Around two weeks later, Kula got called by Hiroji, the man wanting to meet up with her. After convincing Aizawa, she went down to the nearby cafe to meet with the scientist, who, once she arrived, handed her two tickets to the famed I-Expo, though after looking at the tickets more, she saw that they weren't just tickets to the I-Expo, they also allowed access to the Early Access Event and included a pass for guest of her choosing. Apparently David Shield gives a few tickets to Hiroji for him to distribute to those in his company.

"W-wait, you're giving these to me?" Kula asked, looking down at two tickets that Hiroji had handed her. "You have plenty of employees back at Shield Costumes, why not give this to one of them?"

"I decided that giving one to you wouldn't hurt or anything. I still have a few tickets to give to my employees, so everything is fine! I want you to experience the I-Expo and learn a few things! It's truly a fun time."

"I don't know what to say..." Kula said, scratching the back of her head awkwardly.

"A simple 'thank you' is enough." Hiroji said, getting up from where he was sitting, "Besides, it's the least I could do after the incident during your internship."

"R-right thanks, Hiroji. I appreciate the opportunity."

Hiroji grinned, "Don't mention it kid. I'll see you around."

Kula nodded and the two of them left the cafe, Hiroji heading to a supplies store and Kula heading back to Aizawa's apartment. She hoped that she would somehow be able to convince the tired pro to allow her to go to I-Island.

***

"No."

"Come on, Aizawa, this could be a once in a lifetime chance! Besides, the things I could learn by going there is stuff I couldn't learn in a classroom." Kula said, looking down at the man who was wrapped up in multiple blankets on the couch.

Kula looked down at Aizawa, "Are you serious? I-Island is extremely safe, not to mention there'll most likely be pro heroes there to protect me and others on the island if anything does happen."

Aizawa just looked at her, shuffling in the blankets a little to bring an apple sauce pouch up to his mouth. After emptying it, he let out a sigh. "Villains can find there way anywhere, no matter how secure."

I swear to God. Kula thought. "Did I mention I can bring a guest?"

"I'm not going."

"I never—" she stopped mid sentence, a thought coming to her head. "You always say stuff about rationality. It would only be rational that I use the gift I had accepted from Hiroji, making it irrational if I don't go to the Expo."

Aizawa looked at her, and after a few seconds, he let out a loud, tired, sigh. "Fine. You can go. Only if you invite someone I approve of to go with you, and you check in with me every hour."

"Every Five hours."

"One and a half hour."

"Three hours."

"Fine."

"Fine." Kula turned and walked to her room, the Expo was in a week, and she had to get ready— not to mention call the person she wanted to invite. She pulled out her phone and went to one of her contacts, tapping 'call' she placed the phone up to her ear and listened as the phone rung.

"Heyo." Someone answered.

"Oh, uh, what're you doing next week, Mika?"