Chapter 30: "What're you gonna do? Arrest us?" "Yes. I am"

Above is a picture of Kula! I wanted to draw a picture of her in the uniform because why not?
_____________

Erasure Head wasted no time. Silently, he grabbed Kula's arm and dragged her inside, leading her through the hallways to Recovery Girl's office. She watched as the hero pulled out his phone to send a quick message before putting it away.

"Recovery Girl doesn't live far from here. She'll be here soon, for now, clean yourself up." He said, his tone of voice as stern as it has always been. He handed the rag to Kula and moved to wait outside of the office, whether to watch for Recovery Girl or to make sure Kula didn't suddenly run away. Whichever one it was, Kula could care less.

She walked up to a small mirror that rested on Recovery Girl's desk and picked it up, making sure to keep her pinkie lifted from the handle. Having her gloves off for this long of a time was making her panic, but her exhaustion and the pain she was in subdued the panic. Looking at her reflection, she saw that she was an absolute mess. Golden blood covered almost the entirety of the bottom of her face. Her nose was swelled up and bruised, it was broken for sure. Her neck had tiny puncture wounds where her mom had gripped, and blood had dripped down and stained the collar of her uniform— which would definitely need to be washed.

Slowly, she brought her arm up and wiped at the now dry blood, which was more like golden flakes dried onto her skin. It took a bit of scrubbing, and muttered curses until she was clean of blood. Her uniform was another story— she would have to soak it in warm water for a bit to get the stains out.

"Recovery Girl." Aizawa's gruff voice said from outside her office, and Kula quickly placed the mirror down and looked towards the door.

"What ever could make you contact me at this hour?" The elderly woman asked, "If it's that Midoriya boy again, I will-" she cut off once she stepped into her office, her eyes landing on Kula. "Oh, dearie." She said, her scolding tone immediately softening.

"Uh... hey." Kula said, raising her hand and waving.

Recovery Girl ushered Kula to one of the beds and made her sit down, "Can you explain to me why you're here at this ungodly hour? Why didn't you go home to your parents?" She asked as she started looking at Kula's injuries.

"Well, normally people run away from those who hurt them, so I just did what any average person would do." She responded, and Kula noticed Recovery Girl freeze and pull back from her, behind her, Aizawa had flinched slightly, but almost immediately acted unfazed by what she said.

"Your parents... did this to you?" She asked, horrified. "Why?"

"When you've got a quirk like mine, people around you tend to become greedy." Kula said, narrowing her eyes. "And when you refuse to do something for greedy people They tend to get... angry."

"How long?" This time it was Erasure Head, he was now looking at her, and though he had his usual expression there was something in his eyes, like he was remembering something.

"Not too soon after my quirk developed."

Erasure Head was silent, and looked away from Kula, his eyes narrowing in thought, and Kula turned her attention back to Recovery Girl.

The elderly woman had finished looking at Kula's injuries and had hopped down from the chair she was standing on to grab some bandages. "I'll hear your nose, but we'll have to wait until after you rest until I can heal your other injuries." She said. Kula nodded and watched as Recovery Girl's lips extended to kiss her on the bridge of her nose. There was a slight tingling feeling before a sense of relief washed over her.

"Lay down and get some rest. We'll discuss this more in the morning."

Kula just nodded and laid down on the bed, making sure her palms were facing up she closed her eyes and was immediately plunged into darkness.

***

"-Let us in! We have to see her, we were so worried!" A voice called out as Kula started waking up. She blinked open her eye to see none other than her so called 'parents' at the door, being held back by Erasure Head's scarf. How did they knew she was here? Her phone— it had a tracker on it. She knew there was something fishy when her mom gave it to her, though luckily, they seemed to followed the tracker at the right time.

"Like hell I'd let you in to see her after what she told us." Erasure Head said sternly. "How did you even get into this building?"

"Did she say we caused whatever injuries she had? She was with the villains you know! She's a master manipulator!" Her mom shouted out, she sounded almost pathetic.

"I'd say that's a title that's more befitting to you?" Kula said, sitting up and winching a little.

"Kula! Dear! Please tell this man what really happened!" Her dad begged.

"What? That I came home and refused to turn my medal into gold for you guys? That you assaulted me once you realized I wasn't going to give you what you wanted? That this has been happening since I was five?" She spat.

"H-honey! We all know that's a lie!"

"A lie?" A new voice asked, and Kula saw a familiar detective push himself into the room, "Because my quirk is saying that everything she said was true." Tsukauchi nodded a greeting towards Aizawa

"How would you know?" Her dad asked suspiciously.

"Oh, sorry, I never introduced myself, I'm Naomasa Tsukauchi, and my quirk is called Human lie Detector."

Her parents stopped struggling, their eyes going wide as they realized that whatever act they were trying to had just failed.

"I had planned on coming in here and asking a few questions, but it seems like I don't need to do that." He gave them a closed eyed smile, " Saito Taiji and Saito Kekoa, you are under arrest."

"No!" Her mother screeched, "Do you know what people do to people like us in those places? You can't take us there!"

"Ma'am. I can take you anywhere, and nothing you say will get you out of being arrested." Tsukauchi responded as the two were handcuffed with anti-quirk cuffs.

Kula watched as officers took hold of the two and Erasure Head's scarf returned to it's usual position on his shoulders. She watched as her parents were handcuffed and dragged away, a mix of profanity and begging being heard from them as they were dragged through the hallways. And for the first time since Kula's quirk manifested, she felt free.