Chapter 8

Taylor is not answering his phone! I'm freaking out right now. Kimberly's phone is off, and she is the only one that can help me. My flight is gone and now I'm stuck here with a little kid. A child that happens to look a lot like the guy who broke my heart. I hate Taylor so much right now!

Someone is knocking at my door and I'm scared to open it. After, this morning with that woman. I mean, what kind of woman drops off their kid, at a stranger's house?

"Who is it." I'm asking this time before I open the door.

"Kimberly. I'm here..." I open the door wide and pull her in. She pushes me out of her way to hug Tommy.

"What is going on Kim?." She stays silent but her smile gives it all away. Taylor informed her but not me about this arrangement. Hello! I have a job and a broken heart. How could he think this would work?!

"Look, Taylor didn't say much. All he said was to come over here because Tommy was here. I have no idea why he did that, so you probably should ask him." If she only knew, how many times, I have dialed him today!

"Taylor is not answering. I have texted and called him all morning. This kid cannot stay here. How could I take care of him, if I know nothing about him? You have to take him with you Kim." Her face changes to serious, and I can tell she is not taking him with her.

"I'm leaving. Good luck Michael." With that everything is clear! I'm all alone on this. Taylor better gives me an explanation or I would go find him.

This kid doesn't answer me all he does is nod! I think he's hungry and I need air. We are walking, because luckily there is a restaurant close to here, that I love.

"Hey, Michael. Wow, he really looks like him. I'm guessing he's not yours?." Steve! I need him so much.

"No. And do you want to join us?." He better say yes!

"Sure."

This is the most uncomfortable lunch I have ever had! Steve, Tommy, and I are so quiet. Well, this is Taylor's son, who broke my heart and stole his fiance.

"This morning, I was barely leaving for New Jersey. When I heard a knock on the door. The girl literally pushed him to me and just left. Kimberly couldn't answer any of my questions. They both said the same thing, that Taylor just arranged it."

"Let me guess, you both are not together?." He knows us too well!

"We are not. And I don't understand why he did this. Steve...can you...you have to...never mind." How could I ask him for help? After everything that I did to him.

"I'm kind of busy...with...work but...I will try." Steve is such a great guy! Why couldn't I fall in love with him instead of Taylor? He always treated me like shit but I loved him.

"Thank you. I think it's best if I take him with me to New Jersey. His passport is probably in his backpack."My mother will probably help my situation better.

"I don't think it's a good idea. Just try it for a few days and call me if anything." Steve is already leaving and he's not even finished with his hamburger yet. My sweet friend and ex-fiance have left the building.

Tommy is such an unusual kid, he's quiet, calm, and really nice. Kids are usually loud and crazy. I wonder if he's like Taylor or his mom!