Chapter 9

Day Five, my mother will be here at any moment. She decided to fly over here after I canceled. My apartment is spotless after all morning of cleaning it. Tommy is sleeping and I think he couldn't sleep last night. He looked so sad yesterday. Taylor and he have the same eyes! I could always tell when Taylor was sad. His eyes would change to a deeper blue, and that's how Tommy's eyes looked yesterday.

My mother is here finally! She looks great with her new haircut and clothes. I could never get her to dress well, and now she looks better than me. Her hair is now red and short, her clothes are now classy but casual at the same time. She now wears classy shoes which is very unusual for her.

"Mom, you look great. Thanks for coming and this is Tommy." I didn't even notice he was sitting in the kitchen. Her eyes immediately went to him.

"This is Taylor's son. And long story short I'm taking care of him." Her laugh gives it all away. She probably thinks I'm an idiot which she is right! This is going to be a very long day with my mother here.

"So, mom how long are you staying?." I have to ask because with her you never know.

"One night and are you thinking of showering." Great comeback! I do need a shower it's been too long. She stays playing some weird game with Tommy. And it's the first time, I have heard him laugh since he got here.

My heart is racing from rushing into my room for some clothes. I need clean and nice clothes, or my mother is going to make fun of me. She can be so nice but so judgy at times. The water is ready for me to step into the bathtub. The water feels so great on my body and I can finally relax. After an hour or so, I finally walk out of the shower and feel like a new guy.

"Sweety, I will be staying at a hotel tonight. Taylor will be here tomorrow and he said he's sorry." He called and I was in the shower!

"You can stay in my bed with Tommy is fine." I need her more than ever right now. She can't stay at a hotel and I will not let her!

"My husband is here and you will do okay. He will be here tomorrow for him." She walks outside with her bags, and I'm left alone again with Tommy.

"Did you have fun, Tommy? Let's play this car game okay." He was playing this racing car game with a board earlier. Tommy smiles and my heart warms a little. This kid ain't so bad and he's finally letting me in. We spent the rest of the day playing. He laughs at my facial expressions from losing to him.

This night happens to be the longest for me. Tommy has fallen asleep on the sofa with his blanket. I'm laying down on the carpet and thinking about tomorrow. I wonder what Taylor will say after we are face to face.

Day Six. Today is Friday, and Taylor is finally coming! For some reason I'm excited. Tommy is barely waking up and I'm already ready for him to get here. Someone is knocking it has to be him it's exactly 7 am. in the morning.

"Hey, I'm here for my kid. Oh, and he's not coming. You look nice by the way. Let's go, Tommy, hurry the taxi is waiting."Taylor was never going to come! I feel like a complete fool.

"Goodbye, Tommy." 

She waves goodbye with a huge smirk on her face. I shut the door and tears begin to roll. He keeps doing it to me and I keep falling each time. I hate him!