III

I was roughly pinned against a wall, his breath fanning over my cheek, causing me eyes to squeeze shut out of fear.

My breath caught in my throat as I heard my heartbeat ricocheting around inside my skull, and when his grip tightened, I let out a small sob of pain.

His hands were wrapped tightly around my wrists, causing them to become numb due to the circulation being cut off. His legs were firmly placed on the ground, preventing me from running even if I somehow managed to get out of his iron grip. I began writhing in his grasp, desperate to break free.

"Ash, let me- let me go!" I begged, struggling and throwing my head back, feeling anxious once I realised there was no point in fighting.

"You shouldn't have slapped me then, should you?" His voice was low, rough, and honestly kind of hot.

I would never admit that though.

His grip on my wrists lightened slightly and I sighed appreciatively as I felt them start to tingle, the blood rushing back to them. His head tucked into the crook of my neck and I felt his breath against my collar bone as he chuckled.

"Look, I'm sorry. But you've bullied me for years and I decided it was about time to say something". I replied in a bitchy tone and I felt his smile fall as he skimmed his lips over my neck.

"How nice, but do I look like I care?" He drew his head back up again, eyes threatening and burning with many different emotions. His breath smelt of alcohol and I couldn't help but scrunch my nose in disgust at the strong, bitter scent.

"No, not really. But you should". I glared right back at him, not allowing him to think I would just submit.

There was silence for a minute or two as we stood there, his forehead practically pressed against mine, hands pinning my wrists to the wall. My back was flat against the hard surface and my legs were tangled with his, our position like something out of a romance novel.

Only those scenes weren't usually under the circumstances we were in.

He leaned forward and I felt my heartbeat skyrocket at that precise moment, eyes widening as I felt his lips closing in on mine.

I couldn't move.

As in, I physically couldn't move. He was still holding me to the wall.

However, just as I braced myself for the impact, he pulled away and released me instantly. Confusion was overtaking me as I watched him, his eyebrows furrowing with one hand on his neck while he was stood staring down at the other, as if he was disgusted.

"Go." That one word sent a strange tingly feeling down my spine and I suddenly felt a boost of confidence.

"No... what happened just then? What were you going to do?" I took a few steps towards the boy who had, only moments earlier, been a mere few centimetres away from me. It was his fault to begin with, and I wasn't just about to walk out.

"Nothing, leave me alone and get the fuck out." He raised his voice to an almost shouting pitch, yet he wouldn't look at me. I could sense him sobering up and knew I should go, but something made me stay, and I'll never know what it was.

"What were you going to do." I demanded an answer, now stood right beside him, and I was filled with so many different emotions I couldn't even tell what I was feeling.

He looked up at me slowly, eyes lingering on my glistening brown orbs; I could sense something change within him.

I couldn't move, but this time it was all due to the words he spoke.