XIII

After taking a long sip of my pumpkin spice latte, I sighed and looked out of the window, admiring how the final autumn leaves fell from the trees and danced in the wind. Autumn had always been my favourite season because of the beautiful coloured leaves and how you could snuggle down in front of the fire with some hot chocolate and a large, warm blanket. Also the fact that it was usually cool and rained a fair bit.

If you didn't guess already, I couldn't stand the heat. It felt like it was eating you from the inside out while ripping your skin from your bones and tearing apart all your hopes and dreams, leaving you a crumpled mess.

That may have been a little overdramatic, but I just hate summer with a passion.

Momentarily, I was sat in one of the corner window seats in Starbucks being stood up by Thorn who was ten minutes late. I pulled my phone out of my bag dully, typed in the passcode and began to scroll through Instagram.

A bunch of bad selfies, some news about bands that I like, a few TV show updates and an adorable husky puppy later, he finally decided to show up.

"Where the hell were you! I've been here for twenty minutes." While trying to make my voice sound annoyed and threatening, I couldn't help the small smile pull at the edges of my lips.

He rolled his eyes before taking a seat across from me. "You don't mind really." He sang, winking and causing a light pink dust to scatter across my cheeks.

"Oh shut up. No where were you?" I looked down at the second drink I had ordered, which was a hot chocolate, and watched the darker spirals of chocolate swirl and disperse slowly from the others.

Thorn cleared his throat and I looked up instantly, eyes widening when I realised he had been speaking and I just wasn't listening.

"I was saying, I ran into Ash at the shop down the side street. You know the Damaged... er, something one."

"Society." I piped up, knowing exactly which shop he meant as the charcoal coloured jacket I was wearing right now was from there.

He chuckled softly, the sound like a sweet melody, before continuing with his excuse. "Right, that. Anyway, he decided he wanted to talk to me for god knows what reason and then had the audacity to physically grab me and drag me off somewhere."

I was completely involved in the story now, my attention locked directly on him, and I couldn't believe it when a spike of jealousy shot through my heart.

What? Why are you jealous? It's not like you're the only person Ash gets close to.

"Oh?" I questioned, urging him to continue with the story.

However, at that moment, the soft jingle of the gold bell hanging above the door rang throughout the small, oak wood shop, and on this cloudy Saturday morning, the specific Starbucks I was in was filled with many people from my school who all turned simultaneously as the door opened, and I think all of us could sense who it was.

"Thorn, get out here. Right now." Ashs voice was hard, and it radiated danger and dominance. Everyone in the cafe was silently sat staring at the tall, lean and yet still somehow toned brunette by the door, and not a sound could be heard apart from passing cars or the odd bird outside.

"Excuse me sir, but your'e causing a-" An employee stepped out and began talking to Ash, only to have a murderous glare shot directly at him. The poor mans voice was cut short, and he stopped moving completely, almost as if he was under a spell just by looking into Ashs' eyes.

I went to oppose, but Thorn sent me a look practically begging for me to keep quiet, and I could sense the desperation in his gaze. Unsure of why he didn't want me to speak, I decided to keep quiet, and only moments later he stood up before making his way over to Ash.