IV

"I can't believe he did that."

"He's just a gay fag."

"That's disgusting."

Whispers danced through the hallways and disapproving looks were thrown around, mainly directed at me.

It was the day after the party, and I glanced around, filled with utter confusion.

Harry and Lila were waking beside me, equally puzzled, and I felt panic as I saw the disgusted glared almost everyone was giving me.

Trying to ignore the other people, I opened my locker and started to sort out my books, only to find myself shoved into one of the blue panels with my face smushed against the metal seconds later.

"What the fuck did you kiss him for you fag, that's fucking gross." I whimpered in pain when I felt someone whisper against my ear, my arm being crushed under my body which was momentarily making dents into some poor persons locker.

Whoever owned the hate filled voice spun me around and, not even giving me a second to see who it was, punched me straight in the jaw, sending me tumbling to the floor. Throbbing, aching pain shot through my face, particularly the left side, and blood went trickling from my nose. My eyes were watery, my whole body shaking from the adrenaline.

Another hit was aimed directly at my stomach, the pain so terrible it caused me to choke and blood to fall from the corner of my mouth and onto the floor.

"Get off him!" Two familiar voices shouted, and from the very edge of my blurry vision, I saw a pair of bodies collide with the buff looking one whos fist just almost broke my jaw.

Ringing echoed through my ears and small black blobs shifted and shuffled in my vision.

I felt myself fading in and out of consciousness, but just as I felt myself slipping, I heard a whisper.

However, I was too far gone to understand what they said.

↞↞↞♛↠↠↠

And that was how my Friday morning started.

Pleasant, I know.

I was laid on one of those hard plastic beds in the nurses office with a large plaster on my cheek and a bandage around my stomach the next time I was conscious. Bloody tissues were scattered around after being used to clean up the flowing supply of thick red liquid coming from multiple parts of my body.

I winced as I sat up, quicker than I should have, and peeped under the bandage around my middle, causing me to physically cringe. A large purple-grey bruise had formed where the kick landed and I grumbled softly in annoyance.

I reached over to the table beside the bed and felt around inside my bag for my phone,  pulling it out as soon as I found it and flipped the camera around. I was met with a bloodied lip and a bandage across my cheek where some of the impact of the punch had hit particularly hard.

I groaned, still unsure as to why the hell people decided to get extra violent and homophobic today, when a nurse walked into the room.

"Oh! You're awake. I've called your parents to pick you up and-" the woman started talking but I cut her off.

"Wait no! Can I please stay at school? I don't want to miss my classes."

The truth was, I would give anything to miss out on maths and PE, but I wanted to know what was going on. I also knew if I went home today, I wouldn't find out what the hell I did to warrant this until Monday, and I personally couldn't wait that long.