XXIV

"There is no way you're wearing that out."

"What? Why? Don't you think it's cute?"

"River, I will not let you leave this changing room in booty shorts and a cropped shirt. If you think I'm going to let other guys see you like that you have another thought coming."

Groaning, I leant back against the wall and looked over at him with puppy eyes. "But Minnie, I don't care about any of the other guys. I only want your eyes on me."

"Well that isn't going to happen if you wear that. I- wait why am I even discussing this with you? No!"

I sighed, pulling at the sleeve cuffs while thinking of some way to convince him to let me buy it. The shorts were black with little poppies on the sides while the top was red, short and hung off my shoulders. I personally thought I looked adorable.

After twenty seconds or so of racking my brain, I dragged my tongue over my lower lip and bit on the plush skin, looking up at him with a wicked glint in my eyes. I stalked forward, struggling against the urge to forfeit under his intimidating gaze, and stepped out of the curtained area.

He had been stood out there for a good twenty minutes while I showed him everything I'd picked up, and I thought now would be a good time to try out the skill Lila had been helping me with.

Seduction.

"Come in here baby. You can sit and wait while I change into the next outfit." Those simple words had his eyes widening and his mouth slackening.

It wasn't long before he was inside the small area being pushed down onto the small three legged chair in the corner of the room. I slid the curtain across and waited there for a few moments until I somehow managed to 'accidentally' drop one of the hangers on the floor.

"Oops." I leant down slowly and wrapped my fingers around the black plastic, taking my sweet time with standing back up again. I could feel his hungry stare as it burnt into my skin, leaving shivers and tingles behind.

"River, I don't know what you're getting at here but I would stop if I was you."

I turned to look at him with an offended expression, my hand resting lightly on my own chest. "How rude! I'm purely trying on some clothing that you refuse to let me buy-"

"Don't use that tone with me, love. It doesn't suit you." I stared after him as he rose to his feet and exited the room, not even looking back once. My mouth was hanging open and my eyes were filled with shock.

The fuck? Did he really just do that?

Plonking myself down on the small chair Ash was sat on previously, I rested my head in my hands and started the the curtain that was still waving slightly due to the violence of his movement.

Fucking dickhead.

Two can play at that game.

↞↞↞♛↠↠↠

When I left the changing room I found Ash outside talking to a girl with blonde hair that fell down to her shoulders. She was smiling brightly, continuously tucking a strand behind her ear and batting her eyelashes way too often. Although, the worst part was how he was leaning forward towards her, the signature smirk moulding his lips.

She let out a loud giggle, covering her mouth with her hand and looking up at him with sparkling eyes. He raised an eyebrow and laughed softly, clearly finding her amusing. I hated the fact that their closeness made my blood boil; he was allowed to talk to other people... just not when I was pissed already.