XVII

Everything became a blur after that.

Thorn had come running over and punched Ash in the jaw for touching me, and then James pulled Ash back while Cole grabbed Thorn. Alec, Harry and Lila were supporting from the sidelines, trying to help both of them calm down, and I just ran out of the door as fast as I could.

I felt oddly offended that they started fighting because of me, and I wished they would just deal with the fact that no one owned me. No one. I was my own person, and quite frankly, I was happy with that.

Just because I was crushing on both of them, yet I still couldn't understand why I felt anything but hatred and disgust of Ash after all he did, it didn't mean I wanted to date them.

Another week passed, and I hardly spoke to anyone. Thorn and Ash both tried to talk to me multiple times, but I blocked them out, not mentally prepared to listen to their apologies or how they never meant to upset me.

However, every time I saw Thorn, I could taste him on my lips, every small flavour of strawberry or honey. I could feel the gentleness of his kisses as they pressed against me and how his soft hands wrapped so delicately around mine.

Every time I saw Ash, I could feel his breath on my neck as it sent my mind onto overdrive. I could feel the pain shooting up my arms as his fingers dug into my wrists, and I could still see the faint bruises left by the pads of his fingers.

But today was about forgetting, and they had specifically said that they wouldn't bring either of them up in conversation.

"So! What kind of suit are you two thinking? As in, what colour and what fit?" Lila asked while eagerly shoving chips into her mouth until her cheeks looked like those of a squirrel, and then proceeded to almost choke.

I leant over the table and patted her back a few times before she gave me a thumbs up, and I returned to eating my own bowl after taking a bite of salad.

"I was thinking something dark blue with a black shirt, and maybe a tie if there are any that match." Harry spoke absentmindedly as he stared off at the wall, clearly lost in another daydream.

"Oo yes, that would suit you! What about you Riv?" I sighed and placed another chip in my mouth before taking a long sip of lemonade, letting out a noise of satisfaction once I had swallowed.

"Black with a white shirt. Maybe a bow tie, I'm not sure." If I was honest, I didn't care what it looked like. If it fitted and was comfortable, that was good enough.

It seemed as if the other two had a different idea though.

"What! No! You absolutely have to get something red. It's your colour. I mean, you looked like a snack in that red crop top, and no one would be able to take their eyes off you if you picked something bold!"

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I let out a sigh. "That's the point. I don't want the attention."

Ever since things had become difficult between Ash, Thorn and I, my mood had taken a turn for the worse, as well as my idea of fashion.

I suddenly didn't want to stand out, I wanted to blend in.

"I don't care if you don't want the attention, you're getting a red suit whether you like it or not, and you're going to look so fucking hot you'll make everyone in the entire room get turned on just by glancing in your direction." Lila slammed her fist down on the table causing her strawberry milkshake to topple over, but thanks to my reflexes, I managed to stop it before it spilt everywhere.

My cheeks heated up at the comment, and suddenly I didn't have the confidence to throw a witty response back. "O-okay, fine. I'll get a red one then."