Farewells Can Be Heartbreaking

"Powerful Punch!"

As Yaya defeated the last of the alien henchmen, she turned towards the leader who was still controlling a small power, seeing him agitated. Ying rushed by her with Gopal following, staring at him. "You've been defeated! Give us back that power sphere!" "Like I will, Apibot, fire!" As the replica of the power sphere fired at them, they dodged, moving to the side as Ying rushed towards them, Gopal changing the fireballs into strawberry tarts as Yaya punched them off, advancing as they now faced the guy, Yaya dealing a heavy blow as she punched him off and Gopal changed the fake power sphere in a chocolate truffle.

"Yey! We can go back to the base now." Ying said as she tied up the alien, pulling him off to their ship. Arriving at the station, Gopal was left to handle the situation as Yaya and Ying met with Nut in his office. On their way to the canine-alien's when they saw Sai and Shielda. "Shielda!" Yaya called as the latter turned to her, giving a light wave of a hand, the two ladies standing before them, noting their gloomy aura, "Hey, what's wrong?" She added, making the twins look at one another, sighing.

Sai spoke words that made them alarmed, "Fang and Boboiboy had departed for their mission." the two commodores froze in place, staring at him waiting for it to be a joke. "What do you mean?" Ying asked as she took a step closer, nervous. Shields sighed, saying, "Their mission was classified as a Tier SS Mission. It means they can't disclose anything to us and they won't be able to contact us back."

As the girls rested inside their rooms in the station, they were still distraught to even do most of their task, leaving it up to Gopal to cover for them–something he was fine with since he knew them well. The door to the main room opened, Ochobot entering to see that the girls were in their separate bedrooms, making him huff a jittery sigh. He floated to Yaya's room first, knocking and peering in to see her figure sat on the bed, hugging her knees. "Yaya?" her head turned to look over, Ochobot seeing her tear-streaked face. "Ochobot?" She called in a croaked voice, making the robot float towards her, hugging the human.

"It's okay." "I'll be fine... I just wished I could've said goodbye." She uttered as he looked up, seeing her solemn gaze.

A shuffle by the door showed Ying, moving towards them as she huddled close, sniffling. Yaya knew she must've felt lonely, hugging her back as they comforted each other. A few hours passed when Gopal decided to go inside the area, the silence jarring him as he sighed, moving to look around to see that they were all sleeping on Yaya's bed, the two ladies keeping Ochobot in the middle. He looked to the table, thinking as he gasped, smiling.

In mere minutes, the girls were awoken by the scent of some noodles and baked crepe, the two girls stood up, Yaya carrying Ochobot as they went out seeing Gopal running about as Sai and Shielda were fixing some fabric. "What's going on here?" Ying asked as the three turned to them, giving a shocked expression then beamed a smile. Gopal yelled, "Surprise! We wanted to play around a bit." "I also got hungry." Sai said as the girls went towards him, seeing him move away from their project which was a large tent that hung over the dining table. Yaya peered in to see Shielda setting the floor table. She turned to them, giving them a small smile. "Time to eat, Sai, come in here." She called as the male ushered them in, letting them sit on the cushion on the floor.

Gopal came in with a large pot, making the rest move to the side, letting him serve it, opening the pot as the rest were curiously eyeing his delicious dish. "Dey, I actually cooked it okay, my powers can only do so much." He said as the girls chuckled, Sai eagerly waited for the food to be served. As they had chatted about, the girls had seemingly overlooked their previous solemn as Gopal had intended, ensuring they think of nothing but cheerful thoughts for that time.

Morning came quick as Yaya was up and ready to do her tasks, moving to her shared office with Ying. She moved to her desk, seeing the files and papers she'd needed to oversee when she saw a small box at the side. She cautiously opened it, looking in to see a small ice figure, confusing her. She gently pulled it out to see a small lantern-like sculpture with a butterfly in case it. "What.. who–" her eyes landed on the engraving atop the lantern. 'To My Butterfly.' She stifled a breath, biting her lips as she held the figure, sniffling as she groaned, "I thought I was fine... stupid lover." She uttered beneath her breath, looking down at the figure and smiling as she made space for it.

Ying, meanwhile, jogged around the station's halls, checking for anything out of the ordinary or something to satisfy her curiosity. She soon landed by one of the few spare rooms, entering to be surprised by a small little piece of paper on the ground. She moved and checked for nay trap, sensing none and took the paper, seeing the pear shape plastered on the front, she opened it to be surprised by a paper origami of cherry blossom sprung up into the card. Her eyes soon landed on the words written beside it.

'To Ying,

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you sooner about this mission. But I promise to come back, I have to. I know it will be a long while before we see each other again, I hold out hope you'll forgive me and still consider me yours when I come back. To me, I couldn't leave you, but I chose this life, I have to take it.

Know that I love you,From Fang'

She bit her lips, holding onto tears as she heaved a breath, hugging the folded card to her chest. "Of course I'll wait... I can wait for months, years even... You promised, so I will too."

To Be Continued...