01. Oh well, Oh well.

Oh well, oh well. I still hope for the best.
Say goodbye and send me off with a kiss farewell.
And I'll just smile, and make believe I don't feel a thing

.Oh well, Oh well. Mayday Parade.

★★★

Hanging from the ceiling of the studio, looking like raindrops, there were decens of little white lights, dotting the place with a calmness that Love wasn't able to find anywhere else.

Love had believed that the assignments he had been given last year had been hard: finding a mentor, teaching someone else something, the training for the yearly tournament. Turns out, on his second year, they still had to train to become The Greatest, that hadn't changed. Yet now, only a month into classes, he had been told he would have to be involved in a dance competition at some point during Winter's break. For it, they had had to divide themselves into teams, inviting students from other years to join, and had to choreograph and perform three songs to perfection. That would become a huge part of their final grades, so they had to train hard and give their best for it to turn out flawless.

As he rested his head back into the glass wall behind him, he stared at his teammates talking lazily between them, all of them tired after a long day of practice. It was ten thirty already, and everyone was beaten.

Sitting in front of him was Nuclear, one of his best friends, whom he had known since his first day here, when Love had still been a girl. It didn't bother him that much anymore, he had gotten used to being a boy now; he had made friends he would love for life, and he had gotten used to the Academy. He had had to tell his situation to his brother and mother at some point, explaining that he couldn't turn back anymore, and that this was who he was now. It had taken some time to get used to it, yet at the end, they had claimed to still love him no matter what.

His closest friends here had found out about it as well; Nuclear, Menn, P'Vier and P'Sean — which, surprisingly, had both become very good people in his life after last year's fiasco —, and P'Tangmo.

P'Tangmo was now sitting to Love's left, laughing at something P'Vier had said, his already squinty eyes squinting itselfs even more. Love chuckled with him, even if he hadn't been paying attention to the conversation.

He felt joyful today, surrounded by loads of people he loved. He felt lucky, happy.

Love yawned and let his head fall onto P'Tangmo's shoulder, snuggling further into his side.

“Tired?” P’ asked him, his right hand coming to rest onto Love's knee, squeezing.

Love nodded, humming in response.

P'Tangmo was undoubtedly the best friend he had ever had in his life. Love couldn't even remember his life without him in it, without the person he now spent the majority of his time with. The elder had many things in common with Love, ranging from music tastes, to their favourites meals and places to eat, to more important matters, like their family life; P’Tangmo only had his mother, as well as Love, and he wanted to give her the world. Ever since that first mentoring assignment had taken place, they had become close, to the point of P'Tangmo being now the first person Love turned to in moments of need. He still loved the twins, but P’ had managed to crawl his way into his life so rapidly he had barely seen him coming.

“At what time do we have to be here tomorrow?” Love tuned in to hear Menn ask. “We got here too early today. Can we take a little rest?”.

Nuclear enthusiastically shook his head. “No can do, my friend! We have to practice our asses off so we can get a good grade”.