Chapter 2

Hey guys, i just realised how short the last part that i uploaded was and i know that i said i would update weekly but until then i want to give you guys something to read.It's quite a short chapter but i promise that the next one will be longer. I'm not going to cast the character of fabienne because i feel like she is the type of character that everyone can personalize in their heads and i just can't think of anyone that fits how i think of her, please comment and vote, i really want to know what you guys think!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was awoken by the feel of cool hands on her burning forehead which soothed the heat ever so slightly that she was able to open her eyes partially. The lovely face that hovered above hers was her eldest sister, Therese. She was one of the most beautiful young ladies in Versailles. Her skin was rich and creamy with a natural blush that complimented her full red lips and slanting eyebrows which were now creased in worry. Her hair, which was the colour of polished mahogany, was hanging down in perfect ringlets from her perfect hairstyle. Even though she was tall, slim and curvy, with her beautiful face and envious hair the thing that people always complemented her on were her dazzling amber eyes which now looked down at Fabienne with such anxiety and love that it made her want to open her eyes and to reach up with her arms and sooth her sisters devastated expression but instead of waking up she felt herself slipping into the darkness again but except this darkness was not frightening and dangerous like the last time she had fallen unconscious, it was welcoming and friendly, it was a way for her to escape the pain that throbbed through her body,  so she let herself fall.

“Fabienne, Fabienne, please come back to us!” Fabienne heard the voice as if it was through a heavy mist, it was muffled and sounded thick in her ears, or at least she thought they were her ears because all she had been conscious of for the past week or two, or at least she thought it had been a week or two, was her heart which was always there even if it was not always loud, and sometimes it got so faint that  she felt herself slipping out of the thick mist which she had been holding onto for so long. All of a sudden she felt a soft touch on her hand and another rougher strong hand on her mouth clasping it and forcing her mouth to open, meanwhile the soft touch on her hand was stroking it as rhythmically as her heart beat, caressing the scars, cuts and bruises on her delicate fingers. Then she felt her tongue react at the unexpected taste of medicine diluted with wine slipping down her throat, but something was wrong, the tonic had gone down her windpipe instead and she could feel her heart falter and then slowly grow fainter, the hand on her jaw quickly removed itself, lifted her into a sitting position and came down, slamming her between the shoulder blades repeatedly until she was shore she’d vomited up half of the tonic and her shoulder was broken. “Oh my” said a voice which Fabienne was sure was her second eldest sister Aveline “Her eyes are fluttering, quick, Elise, go fetch Maman from her chamber, tell her that Fabienne is waking!!