Chapter 15

Hey Guys,

It's time for faibienne's wedding!!!

this chapter isn't the best i've written because i have terrible writers block, let me know what you think should happen next :)

vote and comment xox

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day of her wedding came in a flurry of activity; Therese’s wedding had only been a week prior so everyone was still in a celebratory mood from the previous celebrations.

Felix had arrived in the darkest hour of the night so Fabienne hadn’t gotten to see him yet.

She paced up and down her room in her wedding dress, she was waiting for someone to come do her hair and her nerves had taken the better of her.

She had only been awake for an hour of so but as soon as she finished her breakfast; she had been rustled into her wedding dress and left with her own thoughts.

So far the only people she had seen were her maids and she was becoming more and more anxious with the absence of any of her family members so she was overjoyed when Therese burst through the doors of her room.

“Bibi!!! I can’t believe this day is finally here, oh but your hair isn’t done!! Let me help you.”

Therese busily pushed her onto the chair in front of her vanity set and started to arrange her hair in a stylish up do, while Fabienne examined her sister in the mirror.

Therese was wearing a gorgeous pale pink gown that was embroidered with pearls and lace frills, the style was simple but the intricate detailing made it grand.

Once she was done with her hair, Fabienne moved over to the full length mirror to examine herself, Therese gave a gasp of excitement.

She was wearing a tight corset which exaggerated her curves and made her look like she was above her 15 years.

The dress she had chosen was simple but she wouldn’t have had it any other way. (See above image)

It was pure white, the skirt wasn’t too round or puffy which complemented her figure and the neckline of the top had a fancy lace trimming, just above her bust.

 The sleeves which were made of lace ended at her elbow but the main focus of the dress was a section of lace at her back which exposed her shoulder blades.

She knew this was a risky choice but most of the lace would be covered up by her floor length veil.

Therese had arranged her hair beautifully, it had been styled in pin curls and piled up onto her head and she had also threaded pearls through some of the larger locks of hair.

She twirled in the mirror and watched as her diamond necklace and little diamond earrings caught the light.

These had been gifts from the queen, This disgusted Fabienne. How could she waste the courts money on little things like this when there were children dying in the streets.

Fabienne had consciously chosen the least expensive style of dress and the lace that detailed the bodice and back was made by a small family owned shop in the town. She herself had personally gone to them to pay for the lace.

The sight that met her at the tiny store almost brought her to tears, a mother living alone with her four daughters, the eldest child was only ten but yet her and her sisters had raw fingertips and rough hands from sewing lace dawn till dusk for the royals.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by Idette fastening her veil to the back of her head by a beautiful diamond clip.

She felt slightly dizzy due to nerves so she took a seat in front of her vanity.

“Therese…I’m scared” She whispered the to her sister who was kneeling by her side.

“My dear, Don’t worry, you are marrying a wonderful man. I can see you care deeply about him and over time you may start to love him” Therese rubbed her soothingly on the back as she spoke.

“Therese…..what about the consummation?”

She glared at her sister when she paused before answering.

“Listen, you just need to trust that he knows what he’s doing. If he does truly care about you than he will go slowly at first and let you adjust, trust me dear sister. You will be fine”

Therese stood up and gave her a kiss on the head. ‘Now my dear, I must go and take my seat in the chapel, be brave my bird”

Fabienne was left alone for what seemed like hours until she heard a polite knock on the door and in came Idette who was holding th hands of Lillianne and Laudine.

The two little girls were dressed in puffy cream dresses with dainty flower crowns on their head and diamonds around their neck.

She opened her arms and the two little angels ran towards her and into a warm hug.

The embrace was broken by Idette clearing her throat politely from the corner of the room.

“Madame, It’s time!”

She stood nervously waiting outside of the chapel doors. She was to wait until the music started playing, that was her cue.

Lillianne and Laudine were going to walk behind her and spread white and pink rose petals, exactly as they had done at Therese’s wedding.

Suddenly, both of the girls that had been running Around Fabienne’s skirts stopped as they heard the crescendo of violins that signalled that start of the music.

 The twins got into single file behind her as she pulled the veil over her head and the grand doors in front of her opened. Releasing the full force of the music.

Sho took a deep breath and took her first step.

Fabienne felt strange as she started to walk, as if her legs were moving but her mind was stunned.

She looked up from her feet and she locked eyes her fiancée.

Felix was looking at her with a glowing smile and a look of adoration that Fabienne had never seen on such a beautiful face.

Fabienne wanted to run to his side but she reminded herself that she must be patient.

As she neared the alter she took her eyes briefly away from Felix’s and saw to her delight that Aveline was sitting there with her family, in a beautiful pale blue dress, holding her son in her arms.

She was still looking tiny, under nourished and sickly but she looked far less exhausted and very happy.

As she arrived at the alter she took Felix’s hand and he squeezed it tightly in reassurance.

The priest went through the traditional acts of marriage and lea them through the vows.

Fabienne felt a rush of joy as she said her ‘I do’.

Felix leant in for a short but tender kiss and when they pulled away the chapel was filled with applause.

Fabienne was in a state of wonder as she looked into the eyes of the man who was now her husband, now she finely felt the weight of what she had just done.

The precession started moving down the aisle, led by Fabienne with her arm through Felix’s .

For the first time since Aveline’s sickness, she felt hope.