Chapter 7

Hey Guys :) i just wanted to do another update because this is what i've written up to so far, so from here on will be stuff that's been written recently, i started this story a bit more than a year ago and in my opinion my writing style has improved and changed in different ways. Please Vote and Comment!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabienne was awoken in the late morning by the sound of knocking on her door; she lifted herself into a sitting position and wrapped herself in a thin silk dressing gown to hide her night gown.

 Claudine poked her head into the room from the servant’s quarters and seeing that Fabienne was awake rushed to get the door. In burst her Mother closely followed by Therese, her mother ran to her bedside

“My dear, I have great news!!! Aveline is pregnant, she was married to her husband privately, we must go see her!!”

Fabienne looked up at her mother in shock, could this be true, she had only seen her sister last night and she had not noticed anything different.

She ushered her mother and sister out of her room with promises that she would come as quickly as possible but she was feeling light headed so she must eat something first.

Once the sound of their excited chattering had receded down the hall way she let out a small sigh of sadness, she knew that her mother and sister were excited but she still thought of her older sister as the tiny blonde creature that lay sick in bed not too long ago with a fever that never ended.

Fabienne’s mother had told her about Aveline’s birth and how she did not cry, she was born quiet and still with a heart that beat softer than a butterfly’s wings and lips as blue as ice on the fountains during winter, it was a miracle that she lived past her first year. The doctors think she has a problem with her heart that is why she is always so pale, her body does not work properly and a simple cold could be enough to kill her.

Sadly, Fabienne’s mother was so excited that she seemed to have forgotten about the risks. She took a minute to sit down and calm her nerves before she went to see her sister, she didn’t want her to think that she was worried.

 he sent Claudine away to have a rest because her one good arm hurt if she used it for too long and called Idette to help her dress, she picked out a pale pee green dress that tied tightly with a ribbon at her waist and blossomed out into a wide skirt that was embroidered with glass beads.

Her hair was pulled up into a very high tight bun and she had fastened a matching small embroidered fascinator cap to cover her bun and the front portion of her head, Lastly Idette fastened a deep green ribbon around her neck and handed her her lace gloves as she rushed out the door.

When she arrived at Aveline’s room she knocked politely on the door which was sitting a jar and waited patiently until she heard Aveline call softly

“Entrer!!”

 The room was very dim and mostly empty apart from her mother who was sitting in the corner of the room at a small table drinking tea, Aveline resting in a big arm chair surrounded in frilly cushions, Therese who had her head close to Aveline’s and was whispering in her ear and The last person that caught Fabienne’s eye was a tall fat man in a generals uniform standing behind Aveline’s chair with a hand clamped onto her shoulder in way that reminded Fabienne of how a man might restrain his hunting dog.

She walked over to her mother and sat down in the chair closest to her, she noticed that her mother didn’t look as relaxed as it looked from the door, her back was straight and stiff and her eyes were intently focused on her tea cup which she was holding in her lap.