Chapter 8

Hey Guys New Chapter!!!! i'm completely blown away with the amount of views i've been getting, This is something i wrote recently and i'm really happy with hot it turned out :) i keep saying this in every little authors note before the chapters but i'd reaslly appreciate it if you guys would comment or atleast vote because i don't know if my story is being perseived positively or not and i'm always open to feedback!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it seemed like a matter of minutes that she had been asleep before she was being shaken awake by her mother who was dressed up finely in travelling clothes.

“Ma Chere, wake up!! I know this is sudden but I have found a suitor for you, we cannot waste any time in meeting him, he is seventeen, not too much older than you, come sweet we must travel to his parents estate in the country to meet him. This marriage could guarantee you a happy life”

Fabienne was in shock, she didn’t know what to think. But she knew that this was her duty to her family and that if this was what her mother wished then she would comply. 

Her mother left  and Claudine was already standing there with a dress that she’d never see before, once she was dresses she looked in the mirror almost didn’t recognise herself, her corset had been tightened more than usual and the dress was low enough that it exposed the small amount of cleavage that the corset gave her.

The sleeves were made of a dyed red lace and they had a frilly embroidered trimming that ended just above the elbow, she was wearing a thick petticoat the hooped the dress out.

 The skirt of the dress itself was embroidered with silver and gold thread in swirling designs and she had been given a pair of matching velvet heeled shoes. 

Idette had helped put her hair up into a curly pouf on her head and she’d pinned it up with tiny ruby clips, her lips had been stained red and she had applied a powder to make herself look paler. She looked much older than her fourteen years and she could have even passed for Therese’s twin had she been brunette.

She rushed out the door towards There’s room with Idette on her heals, she knew that as Therese was the eldest sister she would probably be coming along with her and her mother to meet her suitor. She stopped outside Therese’s room, knocked and politely waited until finally Therese called her to enter.

Her Beautiful sister was sitting in front of her mirror in a Dark green dress and matching travelling cloak that made her look stunning as always. Her Young new handmaiden was quickly styling her hair up in the most presentable way she could manage, Idette took sympathy on the young girl and rushed over to assist her.

Fabienne walked over to kneel by her sisters chair and placed her head in her lap.

“Therese, I’m afraid…..”

Her eldest sister started to soothingly stroke  her hair as she reassured her.

“Angel, you know that if I thought you weren’t ready, I wouldn’t have let Mama and Papa organise this. But you are ready, look at you, you could bring the king to his knees in that dress, and if you’re looks could tame a king then just think about what they will do to this boy. I’ve heard many things about him, He is from a rich family in the third estate. They are very close friends to some cousins of our father. Apparently the mother of your betrothed is also a relative of Our Queen Marie Antoinette so that makes her son eligible to marry someone of higher class, like us”

Therese lifted Fabienne’s head into her hands and gave her a quick looking over of her makeup and hair before taking her hand and lifting her off the floor.