Chapter 10

Hey guys, this chapter isn't that good but i didn't want to leave you guys hanging and there's a bit of a plot twist in this as well :O

please comment and vote!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next week she spent most of her time with Felix, they would ride or go for walks around the gardens. Even though they had not shared another kiss since the day that she had arrived, Fabienne found herself falling for him.

On one of the days the weather was stormy and cold which meant they couldn’t go on their walks or rides.

Fabienne was sitting in her room, chatting with Therese and trying on some dresses that she had had made for her when there was a knock on the door.

Her maid who had first spoken to her the day she arrived, who she now knew to be called Diane rushed over to answer the door.

Fabienne heard her squeal and skip back inside to present her with a bouquet of white roses that came with a note.

Therese was looking at her with a gorgeous smile as she took the flowers from Diane and opened the letter then passed it to Therese to read.

She waited as her sister read it and then she squealed and gasped

“Oh Bibi, he has invited you to attend a private tea in his rooms!! Oh my sweet sister you are so lucky to have one that loves you this much!!”

Fabienne felt excited and anxious but most of all she couldn’t wait to see Felix.

“Of But we must find you something beautiful to wear. I know just the thing!!”

Therese ran out back to her room and returned with a dress she had never seen before, it was exquisite.

The skirt was a creamy pink colour that gave an innocent simple appeal. It was designed in large frills down the centre and the sides.

The bodice of the dress was kept closed by the same colour fabric as the skirt of the dress in strings that were threaded over her chest. The look was finished off with frilled white sleeves that ended at the elbows but hung lower.

All the maids in the room gasped, for they must not have ever seen anything as beautiful as this dress.

Her maids helped her dress in the exquisite gown which to her surprise was made of a light flowing material that floated when she walked.

Finally Therese clasped a string of pearls around her nick before she looked in the mirror. She was pleasantly surprised by her reflection, her bust had grown a bit and she had gotten a bit taller and curvier.

When Therese deemed her ready she got one of the maids to take her to Felix’s room.

Butterflies were exploding in her stomach as she waited for the door to open and when it finally did she gasped in shock.

Standing in front of her was Felix looking more handsome then ever but more surprisingly the room behind him had been filled to the brim with flowers.

They had been placed in garlands around the room and the smell was amazing.

“Felix…what have you done? this is beautiful!!”

Fabienne leaped forward into his arms with as they both laughed.

“Anything for you my love” he laughed as he set her down onto the ground next to a table that had been set out with a perfect morning tea.

“You look very handsome my lord”

Felix chuckled and blushed slightly, they chatted while they ate and after that when they were full they just sat together on a small love seat among the flowers.

“Fabienne, you are different to how I imagined all the other ladies of the court to be, I have met the queen before and she is so superficial and focused on her looks, you though, you aren’t afraid to let people see who you are” He couldn’t take his eyes away from her as she leant over to give him a tender peck on the lips.

To her surprise he got off the couch and onto one knee in front of her, he pulled out a ring.

“Fabienne Pullette, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife, you are the brightest soul I have ever met and I promise to protect you from this day until our last”

Fabienne was shocked, she definitely wasn’t expecting this and she wasn’t expecting a proposal so soon.

But still, his proposal made her happy, it meant possibly a life away from the court, which she couldn’t be happier about.

“Of course I will Felix!!”

He stood up and slid the engagement ring onto her finger and then he pulled her into his arms and spun her around while they laughed.

Once she was firmly on the ground again she reached up, put her hands either side of his face and gave him a sweet tender kiss before they were interrupted but a frantic pounding on the door.

Therese came rushing in red faced and sweaty

“Fabienne!!!” She Gasped.

“It’s Aveline!!! News has come from the palace, she was more months ahead that we predicted, she’s gone into labour!!!!”

Fabienne was in such a state of worry that she completely forgot about Felix until they were about to entering the carriage to travel back to the palace, she turned around and there he was, standing with his shoulders slumped and eyes down against the house.

She knew he would miss her as much as she would miss him so she wanted to leave him with something to remember her by until they met again.

So, in front of both of their families, she descended the steps of the carriage, ran towards him at full speed and flung herself into his arms.

Because he had stepped away from the wall they were now toppling towards the ground which left her lying on top of him. She gave him a passionate kiss as they lay in a heap on the ground

She was the one to break the embrace which prompted a pout from Felix as they both laughed and got up.

Fabienne went to hug him again, this was more heartfelt then the kiss had been because it felt like they were both clinging onto each other for fear that if they let get then they’d never see the other again.

She reached up to give him a kiss on the cheek and as she pulled away she whispered

“Hold that kiss in your heart until I return to you, just remember that when I return we’ll be married and I’ll never have to leave you again”

He gently lent down to give her a kiss on her forehead

“I will my Angel”

Slowly she unclasped herself from him and walked back to the carriage where she was met by her mother and sister gawking at her.

“well little sister” Therese gave her a pleased smirk. “You are going to be quite the little wife”

Comment and Vote xox