Chapter 5

Hey guys so for some reason chapter five didn't upload which is really weird so i'm just gonna try updating it again!!!! it's quite a long one because i didn't want to cut it off at an awkward place. Please Vote And Comment!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabienne was awoken by her mother looming over her

“Wake up ma chère!! Today is the day of the ball and you must start to get ready!!

”. She rolled over and moaned, snuggling deeper into her blanket. “Come now, you should be excited, I heard there will be a lot of young and eligible bachelors there.”

 Fabienne sighed

 “Alright mama, call Idette and she will help me get ready.”

 “no ma fifille  ” her mother cood “Therese will be coming in to help you, I was going to help but Therese saw sense and said that you two are more alike so she will be able to cater to your tastes”. Oh well, she thought, at least she would get to spend a day with someone who actually made sense.

Once Fabienne’s eldest sister arrived she was already bored of her mother’s nonsensical chattering.

”Bonjour Maman”

Therese said pecking her mother on the cheek

“go on now, I will take care of Fabienne, you should go get ready yourself.” She grabbed her arm and lifted her off the bed where she was worrying about the paleness of Fabienne’s lips.

“mama” Fabienne whispered kissing her mother on the cheek

 “thank you for worrying about me but you should go get ready yourself; I know you will be the most beautiful Person there, and beauty takes time”

 “yes ma chère”

she said stroking the hair back from Fabienne’s forehead “ thank you for reminding me about that, I will leave you in the capable hands of your sister” with this she walked over to the door blowing kisses to Therese and Fabienne “au revoir mon bébé”.

That day was one of the longest Fabienne thought she had ever been through, it started off with a bath in a mix of what she thought was at least twenty oils and scents. Once she emerged from the warm mixture and was patted dry by Idette her skin felt soft and smooth and she smelt like roses and lilies. Next her hair was brushed and combed until it was a shining golden cloud which floated behind her when she walked. After this had been done she heard a knock at her door

“Entrez!!” Therese called from where she was standing in front of Fabienne’s dresser, sorting through clothes. In walked three people, two of them, a man and a woman, she recognised from the Queens entourage of colourful parrots but the third was only faintly familiar. “Monsieur Amadour, it is so good to see you, I’m so glad that you got mother’s letter!!” said Therese, rushing over to greet the strange man

“Ah!!! Belle Therese, you have grown even more beautiful then I remember, if you don’t marry soon then I will have to find someone for you!”   joked Monsieur Amadour hugging her. “is this your sister who is said to have your beautiful touch” he said walking over to Fabienne grabbing her chin and lifting it so he could clearly see her face. “Hmmm” he said “she does vaguely remind me of a younger you but the blonde hair sets off her features in a different way than yours, same nose, same lips but I don’t know what else” he sniffed and then walked around to the back of her chair. “On the contrary her hair is beautiful!! I’ve never seen hair this soft and glowing” he said, astonished as the pulled his fingers through her cloud of golden hair.