Chapter 9

Hey Guys!! In this chapter i'm gettign a bit further into the character of Felix!! i don't want to be annoying but it's really disheartening to not know wether people actually like what i'm writing or not, Please vote and Comment with your opinion on this chapter x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabienne had always loved to run, but of course it was not acceptable for a lady of the high court to participate in such things.

 Running had always made her feel free and she was very good at running long distances, Therese however, was not. So eventually they stopped under the shade of a large oak tree.

Once they had finally caught their breath Therese pointed up and they started to climb among the branches of the ancient oak which was not easy in a corset and petticoat.

Finally when they reached the top Therese turned to Fabienne with an overjoyed smile

“Oh Bibi did you see the way he looks at you, I know you were fiddling with your hands in your lap while mother was talking but let me tell you, he did not take his eyes of you once”

The girls let out a chorus of laughter, they stopped abruptly when they heard a twig snap below them.

Shockingly they looked down to find Felix himself looking up at them with interest. The girls squealed and hurried to arrange themselves into a position where he didn’t had a straight view up their skirts.

“Ladies!! I’m so sorry, I will close my eyes while you climb down to avoid any….umm…accidental revealment that might occur while making your decent”

They tried to climb as quickly as they could without getting snagged on small branches or twigs. Felix politely waited a few seconds after he heard them thump onto the ground to uncover his eyes.

“My dear ladies, my sincerest apologies!! I was merely on my way to the stables as after your departure our parents decided to take their mind numbingly boring chatter inside” Felix rambled on while he turned red Fabienne’s dress I was wondering my ladies if you would consider accompanying me?”

Fabienne exchanged a look with her sister before Therese spoke up.

“We would be honour My Sir”

As they slowly made their way to the stables Therese made a point that she had left her hat back at the tree and she would catch up with them at the stables, however as she walked away Therese gave Fabienne a cheeky wink and smile.

“so, My lady, is the country very different to the Palace?”

“Yes it is, but it’s nice, it’s so much more peaceful out here” She quickly glanced at him to find his mysterious eyes staring back at her.

They were quiet until they reached the stables,

“My lady, do you like to ride?”

“I assure you, there is nothing I enjoy better” She Giggled.

Felix hurried away with an excited smile and returned with two horses.

On his left was a gigantic grey spangled Stallion that snorted and stamped its feet in impatience and on the right he was holding a quiet chestnut mare that hung her head sweetly with a gentle look in her eyes.

“here My lady, this is my most prized mare, she is very gentle but she has some fire in her”

“Prey tell what is her name?”

“she doesn’t have one yet, she is my gift to you”

Fabienne was flattered; she didn’t know what to think, he was so kind and she could feel the warmth growing in her cheeks.

“Oh my, Felix you are too kind, I think I will name her Avella, after my sister”

“That name suits her perfectly”

Together they walked over to the other side of the stables, each leading their own horse until they came to a stop at the arch way that lead to the fields.

 Fabienne squealed as she felt Felix’s strong hands on either side of her waist, swiftly lifting her onto Avella’s back before swinging himself onto his own horse.

“At first we can start at a slow pace if you wi-“

But before he could finish his sentence Fabienne was already galloping ahead.

 Fabienne loved the feeling of the wind flowing through her hair which had now come loose of its fancy up do and was flying out behind her.

Her Brother used to take her out riding with him when she was a young child and for her Sixth birthday she had been given a tiny little pony to ride around on.

She finally stopped and dismounted at the base of an oak that was similar to the one she had climbed with Therese.

Felix finally caught up to her and dismounted his horse in one swift movement, his hair looked attractively windswept and his cheeks were pink from the wind.

They both collapsed, leaning against the trunk of the ancient tree, catching their breath.

Felix asked her questions about her home and family but for some strange reason he managed to deflect any questions about himself or he was able to swiftly change the subject.

“Tell my Fabienne, what in this world makes you truly feel happy and free?”

She barely hesitated to think before she answered.

“I love to run, I know that it isn’t lady-like at all but it makes me feel so free, sometimes the palace gets so chaotic and it’s hard to keep up with things. But when I run I’m always in contr-“

She was cut off with the force of his lips crashing against hers, she felt a glorious spark, making her body come alive as his lips tenderly moulded themselves perfectly to hers.

One of his hands was resting on her cheek while the other was on the curve of her tiny waist while both of her hands were tangled in his hair.

He Pulled away suddenly and held her face in his hands, her blue eyes directly staring into his warm brown ones which made her feel light headed .

“I have never met anyone as beautiful as you, arranged marriages  can be harsh but I will give everything in my strength to make this one work until we are married. I will give all my heart can offer and I believe that if I am not already than I will soon be utterly and completely in love with you”

This time she surprised him by giving him a brief but tender kiss before whispering.

“I believe you, and there is not a single cell in my body that does not want to love you”