Chapter 6

Hey Guys!!! It's finally time for the ball, i can't believe i'm almost at 100 reads!! i never thought that anyoen would ever wast their time reading my work! please comment and vote, i want to know what you guys think!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ball was beautiful, the gold room was shining with light as fair maidens in colourful dresses and handsome gentlemen with puffy white wigs whirled their way around the floor in a graceful dance.

Fabienne walked in, escorted by one of the queens other ladies in waiting Madame Alair who was a pretty little dark creature that had been brought back for the queen from one of the foreign countries that her advisors visited.

She had been educating Fabienne about the ways of the court. And trailing behind her was Idette; she had been allowed to bring one maid of her choice to wait on her during her evening.

All of the servants attending were dressed in plain white dresses in a simple fancy style that was different from their everyday attire. Fabienne had lent Idette a couple of her light pink hair bows that she had tied into her shining black hair.

She walked further into the room and heard Alair send Idette away to stand along the wall with all the other servants, then she stepped forward and looped her arm through Fabienne’s and they set off at a steady pace

 “now my dear, even though you are young we must still put in a show, go stand over there by your sisters and make yourself look desirable, you have a pretty face. Before you know it you will be whirling around the room with your own handsome gentleman”

she insisted. Then she ran off giggling into the arms of her lover, and they moved off to a quiet corner of the room.  Dazed and confused she moved off to join Francette, Aveline and Therese who were all leaning against the wall looking stunning.

Her eyes were instantly drawn to Therese who was looking breath taking, and she noticed that there were a large amount of people, mostly men, gawking at her.

She was elegantly dressed in a Canary yellow dress that seemed to almost become part of her; it was tightly fitted at her chest and waist and blossomed out around her hips.

She had lacy gloves and a lace trimming on her sleeves which ended just above her elbow. Her glossy hair had been piled up on her head in a styled pouf of curls with a few loosely styled wisps of hair hanging around her neck and face.

She seemed to be deep in thought until she saw Fabienne walking towards her, then her face lit up with a glowing smile and she embraced her, enclosing her in lace and lavender perfume.

She looked across to her other sisters once she had prised Therese’s hands off her. Aveline was gorgeous in a  Lavender dress which complimented her eyes, Aveline had been very sick her whole life so she was glad to see that she had a bit more meat on her bones. And then there was Francette who was standing seductively against a pillar and showing way too much cleavage for their mother to approve of.

Her dress was made of a dark blue satin, with golden thread detailing designs up and down her sleeves. Her hair had been built up high with pads of horse hair and she had at least 5 feathers poking out of it awkwardly, in Fabienne’s opinion she looked like nothing more than a Pute (Prostitute).

She greeted Aveline with a friendly hug and gave Francette a small nod of recognition before going to stand beside Therese. She looked at her sister and whispered

 “I see all these men standing around you but I do not see your dashing Fiancée, does he not like balls?”.

“I’m not sure” she said with a concerned scan of the room “he said he would be here but I don’t know….” She drifted off, looking disappointed.