Prologue: White Haired Witch

She wasn't real. She couldn't be real. But there she stood, arms raised to the sky, creating a whirlwind of a blizzard around the team of scientists. She was wearing a knit hat and a large puffy sweater as well as large parka pants, all white. Everything was white. From her long following hair, to her clothes.

"We're all seeing this right?" Dr. Kramer asked his companions as he looked back through his binoculars at the wild looking girl.

"Yes."

"Uh- huh." His teammates replied or they said nothing at all as they started at the girl nearly fifty feet from them.

"She's the one that created this un-meltable ice shelf. The one creating snowstorms so big they reach Greenland. She's a mutant." Dr. Kramer murmured as the snow continued to fall down around them.

"I knew it couldn't be a natural phenomenon but I never thought..." Dr. Dormer stopped and turned to Dr. Kramer. "What are we going to do?"

"Nothing. She may be a mutant but she's not hurting anyone or anything. She's helping the polar ice cap. We should just leave her alone."

"Are you crazy!" Steven shouted. The rest of the team hushed him, not that the girl could hear over the storm she was creating. "Do you know who she is?" He demanded in a lower voice.

"No." Dr. Dormer said. The rest of the group all shook their heads no. 

"That is Akira Lim. She was the girl who froze Japan at just six years old."

"The seven year freeze of Japan?" Dr. Kramer asked, bewildered. Steven was just an assistant and much younger than the rest of the research team. How did he remember the deep freeze of Japan?

"Yes, that's her. The vile mutant." Steven said, venom in his voice an icy glare in his eyes.

"How can you be sure?" Dr. Kramer asked. "That was 17 years ago. Nobody has seen the girl since her and her family fled the island."

"What other mutant do you know that has white hair and cryokenisis?" Steven demanded. "You know what happened in China right?" Of course they knew. Ten years ago, it was all the news could focus on, finding Akira Lim and punishing her for what she did. "She must have fled to Russia, then Europe before finally settling here, where no one would ever find her."

"Regardless of what she's done, she's clearly saving the tundra. The ice has been replenished tenfold and the thickness is remarkable for this day and age and..." Lynn was saying, trying to explain why she felt the girl should simply be left alone. She wasn't hurting anybody anymore.

"And she's dangerous." Steven insisted. "If she froze an entire island at 6 years old. What do you think she's capable of now?" The scientists were quiet.

"Are you telling me that you'd rather have the girl who is fighting against global warming locked up simply because of something she did ten years ago?" Dr. Kramer asked.

"Yes. A mutant like her doesn't deserve to live." The storm was dying down. The group of scientists all ducked farther behind the snowbank as they heard a large peal of laughter.

It was coming from the White Haired Witch. "You like that girl?" She said, her voice echoing across the silent landscape. A large roar was heard and suddenly the group realized that a large polar bear was next to the Witch,  lying in the fresh snow she had created. The Witch laughed again. "Come on Yuki. Let's go back home huh? I think that's enough snowfall for today." The polar bear roared again, rolled around a couple times and then started to rush at the Witch. The group gasped.

"She'll be killed." Lynn whisper, her blood running cold. 

"Good." Steven said. Lynn shivered at the harshness in his voice. But when the polar bear tackled the Witch to the ground, instead of terrified screams, more laughter ensued.

"Okay! Okay! We'll do some ice fishing before we head back is that what you want?" The polar bear lifted it's head and let out a pleased roar. The Witch stood and wrapped her arms around the bears neck, hugging it tightly. "Alright then Yuki. Let's go towards the eastern ice hole. We haven't gone there in a while have we?" Her voice faded as she and the bear continued to walk away.

"That was incredible." Lynn whispered. "Polar bears are often wary of humans but the two of them..."

"Who cares." Steven interrupted. Lynn frowned at him. "I'm calling Sentinel Services when we get back to camp and there's nothing any of you can do to stop me." Dr. Kramer frowned, staring out across at the White Haired Witch as she slowly blended in with her surroundings. 

A/N:

Hey ya'll! Hope that prologue excites you! The girl I want you to be thinking of as Akira Lim is Li BingBing. This is a picture of her from The Forbidden Kingdom and a lot of the other photos will be either from that movie or from the movie White Haired Witch

She's a Chinese actress that has recently done a couple of american films actually. The most recent being The Meg. That shark movie you know? Anyways, I thought she was really pretty and I remembered her from the movie White Haired Witch so I thought she'd be a good person for you all to visualize. 

She is actually a lot older than I anticipated, since she looks really young in like all of her photos. So Akira Lim is going actually 23. She was 6 when she froze over Japan, and 13 during the incident in China. The assistants I mention, Lynn and Steven I picture being around her age or at the very youngest, 21 so that's why Dr. Kramer was like, "why does he remember that? He would've been so young when it happened". Because even though I was 3 at the time of 9/11 I don't remember anything from that day. 

So, there you have it! She is my OC. As for the rest of the cast, if any of you watch Gifted or don't watch the Gifted, none of the other characters from that TV series will be in this story. It's not following the TV plot at all though I do have some ideas for a sequel centered around S1 of Gifted....

The only 3 exceptions to this are Lorna (Polaris), Marcos (Eclipse), John (Thunderbird). They're three of my favorite characters and they're the one's who run the Mutant Underground and they're important to me and I love them. Blink is also important to me but... She's John's actual love interest in the show sooooooooo. She's not in this haha. 

Anyways, I don't know when I'll start updating. I just really wanted to publish this prologue in case anyone else was excited to read another Marvel, Mutant, Superhero story from me. lol Hope ya'll are as excited as I am about this story!