1.8 mistake

Akira could sense John just outside the room she was in. She really hoped he wouldn't come in but this was inevitable. Akira hadn't meant to stay the night. She had planned to sneak off, to disappear without a trace but she was drained of energy, physically and emotionally and when she finally found a secluded part of the building, Akira hunkered down and fell asleep. John had probably used his tracking powers to find her. That or he followed the trail of ice that Akira had probably accidentally exuded. 

John heard Akira's heart rate pick up and knew that she was awake. He took a deep breath and slowly knocked on the side wall, listening for Akira to say that it was okay to come in. Her voice was quiet but John still heard her say, "Come in John." He entered slowly, concern written all over his face. John wasted no time.

"I need to ask you something."

"I know

"I know." Akira murmured as John pulled over an old, weather chair. Akira had sheltered in an old office space, curling up on an old rug in the middle of the floor. "But I wish you wouldn't." John leaned forward in the chair a little as he watched Akira's bottom lip tremble as she started to cover her face with her hands. 

"Yuki, you know I have to ask." Akira swallowed hard, shaking her head.

"Please stop calling me that. You already know it's not my name." Akira whispered. She should have left. She should have gone back to the Arctic like she intended. She didn't think this would be so hard. 

"Well what else am I supposed to call you?" John asked lightly. 

"She told you my name. Just call me Black Frost." John shook his head.

"That's not who you are and.." He smiled, trying to make a joke. "I don't know what Black Frost means."

"It's me. It's who I am John."

"That person I saw yesterday isn't you."

"It is John. The sooner you accept that, the easier this all becomes." Akira said softly.

"The easier what becomes?" Akira shook her head, not wanting to explain herself.

"Yuki we need..."

"John please." Akira begged. He took a deep breath and sighed.

"Help me out here then. What's your real name because I don't know what else to call you." John said softly. Akira was crying, John was amazed that her frazzled emotions hadn't stirred up some sort of blizzard.

"Akira." She finally managed to say. "My real name is Akira Lim."

----

Akira was sitting in a chair in front of Marcos, Lorna, John, Diana and Riley. Diana was there so she could run a check on Akira's backstory and Riley was there so he could have all the information about Akira so he could have a better understanding of the probabilities.