1.9 firestorm

"His real name is Devlin Jackson. At seventeen his powers manifested after an intense argument with his mother. Their house caught fire and Devlin's mother died tragically. Before the police and other first responders realized he was a mutant, they all thought it was a miracle that he had survived a blaze that intense." Diana said pulling up the criminal profile of a guy with devilish green eyes and black hair that hung low in his eyes. He was smirking at the camera. 

"Looks like a punk." Akira said. John smirked.

"He is." Lorna said. "He was in Foster care for a year seeing as he had no other family or friends to speak of. When he was out, he went to the streets."

"He was a petty arsonist. Setting fire to buildings, walking in and stealing things and then he upped the anti." Marcos said with a shake of his head.

"He would chaos havoc just for the sake of it." Diana continued. "Setting fire to buildings, burning people alive. It's all a game to him. It's fun. Sentinel Services has only captured him once with devastating consequences and he escaped from their facilities days later anyways." 

"So... what are we going to do?" Akira asked. Everyone shared a look.

"Nothing." John finally said. "We can barely get close to him. The heat he generates is so intense he can melt rubber, and metal and give you third degree burns without even physically touching you." John said with a shake of his head. 

"But... If he's going to hurt people.. Kill them... Then we should try to stop him right?" Everyone looked away from Akira's inquisitive gaze. "Right?" Akira demanded. John put his hand on her shoulder.

"Honestly Yu... Akira, none of us have ever been powerful enough to stop him." Akira glanced back at John over her shoulder.

"Well I am. I can stop him."

"Akira..." Marcos said slowly.

"I can do it. I know I can. Unstoppable powers of ice against unstoppable powers of fire, who do you think would win?" Akira asked.

"Firestorm would win." Lorna said after a moments hesitation. 

"But you all have seen what I can do." Akira insisted. 

"Yes we have and you're even more deadly when Black Frost takes control but... Akira if we go out there. If we try to stop him, Sentinel Services just might try to arrest us too." John said. Akira sighed.

"I know... I know that the people out there haven't done much for Mutants. They've hunted us, killed us, tortured us but I know I can stop him. I just know it. If I can help them. If I can show people that I'm not as bad as I seem then..."

"Akira, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone." Riley said.

"Yes I do." Akira said with determination. "I have to prove to myself that I'm not... That I can be..." Akira stopped. "Where is he?" Nobody said anything. "If you won't tell me I will just..." Akira turned around, ready to leave the room but John caught her arm.

"Akira please. He could hurt you. You don't know what he's capable of."

"Well, he doesn't know what I'm capable of either." Akira said, her eyes flashing blue. John ground his teeth. 

"If you're going... I'm coming with you." John said.

"Dude..." Marcos said.

"She's clearly determined and if she left without one of us, she wouldn't know how to get back here." John looked to her "You would be captured." It was a warning, Akira knew this. She nodded.

"Look, if I get in over my head, we'll pull back. I'm not trying to die in a fire that would probably be... The most uncomfortable thing for someone with cryokenisis." Everyone stood around nervously until Diana finally sighed.