1.5 blame

"She hasn't told you what the hell happened yesterday?" Marcos asked as he and John walked through the building. Everything was quiet, everyone was either asleep or on watch duty like the two of them were. John sighed heavily and shook his head.

 John sighed heavily and shook his head

"No. I have no idea what happened or who Black Frost is. She seemed like some sort of alter ego. It wasn't her at all Marcos." 

"Well it was her it just didn't act like her and why did Black Frost or whatever say that Yuki wasn't her real name?" Marcos asked. "I mean we kind of guessed that but.." John ground his teeth.

"I've been looking into that. Or at least, I've had Diana continue looking into it. From the little information I know about her, there was never a girl named Yuki with powers like hers in China, or Japan. Those are the two places she's mentioned living in before and I've had Diana look for her name elsewhere but.. Nothing."

"So she lied about her name, that's not so surprising. A lot of people do that." Marcos said.

"I know but..." John noticed the drop in temperature way before Marcos. His heightened sense immediately told him something was wrong as he glanced back down the hallway they had just come from. An ominous winter fog was leaking out from under Akira's door. "Oh shit." John said. Akira had been talking about this ever since they had rescued her but John never thought it would actually happen. 

He tried to open her bedroom door but it was frozen shut. "Shit." John shouted, banging hard on the wood. "Yuki! Yuki can you hear me?" Marcos' hands lit up as he tried to unfreeze the knob but John knew it would take too long and so, he slammed his shoulder into the door a couple of times and knocked it off of it's hinges. As the door fell away, a blast of cold air hit the two friends hard and they nearly crumpled under the sudden temperature drop. 

Akira's room was a mess. There was icicles hanging from the ceiling, snow piling up on the floor and jagged ice protruding from the walls and floors like Akira had lashed out at something  that wasn't actually there. She was asleep on her bed, or at least what might have been where the bed used to be. Instead, Akira was thrashing around on a large, dense block of snow and ice. 

"Watashi o okizari ni shinaide kudasai." Akira cried out, reaching for someone that wasn't there. The snow thickened as she reached out "Watashi wa ī ko ni narimasu. Yakusoku shimasu." Akira begged as John touched her shoulder.

"Yuki! Wake up!" Marcos lit up the room, the snow and ice reflecting the light and brightening everything tenfold but it didn't wake Akira. John hesitated in hitting her to wake her up even though she had told him many times it was one of the only things that worked. 

"Gomen'nasai! Watashi o yurushite! Watashi o yurushitekudasai." Akira was crying, tears falling down her cheeks that froze immediately. 

"Yuki!" John shouted one last time. With a scream, Akira woke up. The windows shattered. The storm escaped her room and in no time at all, large storm clouds filled the sky and snow began to fall to the ground.