2.5 hazard to myself

The scene before John was familiar. Akira, Black Frost, sat at the bar, staring into some fruity cocktail with a mixture of contempt and hatred. John almost wondered if she was mad about the drink or about the fact that he had walked into the bar. It wasn't one of those sketchy one's in the downtown district. It was one of the nicer ones on the upper east side. The one's that had all the fancy, important business men. John noticed how many men were eying Frost. With her long white hair and all black clothing, John had to admit she looked pretty alluring and mysterious. He set his jaw and slowly approached her. 

"Do we have to do this again?" Black Frost asked as he sat next to her. "We both know I'll win."

"I'm not trying to beat you." John said. Frost said nothing.

"Can I get you something sir?" The bartender asked.

"No thanks." John said.

"He'll have a beer." Frost said at the same time. She glared the bartender down in a way that made him scurry off to go get a beer. "We're at a bar right? We should drink." Black Frost said, taking a sip from her cocktail. "We're celebrating after all."

"Celebrating?" John asked. 

"It's my birthday." John frowned. No it wasn't Akira told him her birthday was in the winter, not mid summer. "It's my birthday, not Akira's. This is the day I emerged to protect her. The day I..." Even Frost couldn't say it. Even she couldn't admit what she had done to her family.

"Well, happy birthday." John said lightly. Black Frost scoffed.

"You're not actually happy."

"All I want is for you to be happy Frost, whether it's here with us or somewhere else." John watched her roll her eyes.

"You don't mean that." She muttered as a glass of frothy beer was placed next to John's elbow. 

"I do." John insisted. "Everyone deserves to be happy, even you." Black Frost said nothing. "You're not a bad person you know. You want to protect yourself. There's nothing wrong with that." John watched her roll her eyes.

"I want to protect Akira. She's... Pathetic." 

"She's you. You're her. You're not two separate people Akira."

"We are." Black Frost insisted. "Look at me." John's eyes never left hers.

"I am looking at you." Black Frost scowled as a guy in business suit and a sleazy smile came up next to her on her left side. He was smiling at Black Frost, staring down her low cut shirt. John's blood boiled as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Say one thing to me and I'll slit your fucking throat." Frost said before he could speak. The guy visibly paled and when Frost glared at him with her milky eyes, he immediately backed up and turned tail, leaving the bar. "So we're one and the same, right Johnny? That's what you're telling me?" John pursed his lips.

"Yes." Black Frost straightened up, and started to chug the rest of her cocktail. A group of men nearby were given their drinks and John watched the forth spill over, a small trail of liquid making it's way down the bar. John looked back to Akira who set her empty glass down on the counter. John watched an icy cloud of breath escape her mouth. He clenched his jaw.

"Well, I guess I'm just a hazard to myself then." With that, Black Frost pressed down on the trail of liquid that had flowed towards her from the overfilled beers. Immediately it froze, racing to meet the glasses which shattered when they reached below freezing levels.

 Immediately it froze, racing to meet the glasses which shattered when they reached below freezing levels