0.5 stay

"Are you sure you'll be alright." John asked for hundredth time. Arlo gave him a look and John put his hands up. "I just have to ask okay. Just because we're the Mutant Underground doesn't mean we actually have to live underground." John said, looking around at the dark, dank subway system. Old graffiti stained the walls. John could hear rats and bugs scuttling all around them which was only slightly unsettling and of course, it was cold down here. But part of that could be attributed to the fact that Yuki was making snowflakes for the kids.

John looked over at her now and watched as ice particles swirled around her hands, a large smile on her face as she stared at the kids who were in complete awe of her. Everyone had seen her create the ice barrier and everyone watched as she created her own blizzard to cool her body temperature back to it's normal 30 degree temperature. The kids were fascinated by her and her long, white hair. They called her Snow Angel.

"We're going to be fine John. We won't stay here for long. I have another building or two that we can stake out. But for tonight, this place will do." Arlo said, continuing to shake out the blankets and hand them out to people. "Will you two be staying the night with us?" Arlo asked, nodding to Akira. John looked back over to her just in time to watch Akira make a tiny snowfall for the kids who cheered loudly and stuck out their tongues.

"I'll ask her." John said.

"You two are welcome to stay obviously. The kids seem to really like her." John nodded as Arlo walked away. When Akira looked up and saw John staring at her, smiling a little with his arms crossed over his chest. She knew he wanted to talk.

"Hey little one's I'll be right back okay?" Akira said, smiling as she stood.

"Ah no! don't go!" The kids complained.

"I just have to talk to my friend okay? Then I'll be back." Akira said. One little girl rushed at Akria and grabbed hold of her leg, hugging her tightly.

"Hurry back!" She said excitedly. "I want to make a snowman!" Akira smiled and patted her head lightly as she let go. Still smiling, she walked towards John.

"Hi. Everything going okay?" Akira asked. John nodded.

"Yeah, everything's good. As far as I can tell, nobody followed us and nobody knows we're here." Akira nodded, pleased. She would be damned if she let these people get hurt. "I'm sorry we got off track today. I already called Marcos and told him it would take us half a day to get to Quebec and probably another day and a half until I was back in Georgia." Akira's smile fell a little. That's right. She was supposed to go home. "Are you okay with staying her tonight, with all of them. I know it's not... Ideal." John said. Akira laughed.

"I don't mind John but..." Akira glanced around at all the mutants. They were either still finishing up dinner, lounging around or had completely passed out from today's excitement. They all looked so happy and peaceful and... Full of life. Akira's powers hadn't failed her yet today but... They could flare up at any moment and she could hurt all the people she just saved. "Can I sleep with you?" Akira asked glancing up at him before realizing how that sounded. "I mean! Oh my god." Akira whispered, her heart pounding in her chest. John laughed. "I just meant if my powers start acting up then I want you to stop me. I know you can withstand them a little bit, not that I want to hurt you either but..." God she was just digging herself a bigger hole wasn't she?

"Yuki you did amazing today. I don't think you're going to do anything that will hurt these people or compromise our position." Akira bit on her bottom lip.

"John you don't know my powers like I do. I'm just... Scared. If I hurt someone again.." Akira stopped, her tongue caught in her throat.

"Again?" John asked, cocking his head. Akira blushed red.