Chapter Nine

(Next day)

Third person pov

All the juniors are called for a meeting in the morning, The hazers wait on the stage impatiently as the juniors load into the room before sitting on the ground. Once it looks like everyone is there Arthit starts talking.

"Today's meeting is about the engineering gear some of you probably heard about it already"

Arthit takes a gear connected to a chain/thick string out of his pocket and held it out a little in front of him for the juniors to see.

"All gears are needed in order to work properly but you need to earn this gear"

Prem walks forwards.

"You won't be considered our juniors until you earn this gear"

"Understand!"

"Hai!"

(Yes)

Bright walked forward after a few seconds and adds on.

"The gear symbolized the heart of an engineering student"

Bright tries to go on to explain but Arthit interrupts him saying that they probably got it or understood it afterward Arthit addresses a few more things before dismissing the juniors to their classes.

Arthit watches the students stand up and leave in crowds before leaving the others headed off to their classes leaving him alone. He soon finds himself following a voice to the music room the voice was...soft, sweet, and very alluring. Arthit was drawn and curious to know who was singing he enters the room after a few seconds of listening to the person. They stop playing and singing immediately when he enters.

"No class p?"

Kongpob says looking up from the piano but Arthit ignores his question walking over to him stopping in front of him the piano between them.

"Was...that you singing?"

"Oh, you heard...but yes"

"You have a good voice"

Arthit complements before adding.

"Continue"

He says leaning on the piano to rest his arms on the piano while getting a better look at Kongpob. Kong clears his throat before starting a melody on the piano he starts singing after a few seconds.

Arthit pov

I close my eyes while listening to the beautiful voice it is amazing something I wish I could hear every day. After a few minutes, the song ends making me open my eyes and clap showing my enjoyment. Kongpob smiles at me causing me to return it.

His smile is contagious ... beautiful

Wait beautiful?

 I question causing me to frown.

"Everything alright P?"

"Of course, Mind if I sit?"

Kongpob doesn't answer just scoots over when I sit he turns to face me.

"How have you been?"

He asks.

"I've been alright"

Kongpob suddenly frowns.

"You don't seem okay"

Kongpob states turning to face the piano.

"Huh?"

"Something has been bothering you I could tell the moment we've have met"

I stay silent not knowing or wanting to respond but my silence just proved that he was right. Kongpob turns back towards me once I don't respond and looks me in the eyes.

"I know somethings up P...but I'm not going to act oblivious to how you feel even if we haven't known each other well your my friend and I worry about you."

"Kongpob..."

"I know you don't trust me but I want you to know I'm here if you need to talk"

"Kong-"

"I care about you okay? if something is up let me know, we can get through it together"

I try speaking again but he interrupts me.

"Sorry, i-"

"Kong!"

My sudden yell makes him go silent I look him in the eye trying to detect if he was lying or acting but all I could see was care and worry. I try speaking a few times but can't seem the right words I want to trust him...I do trust him. Suddenly I break down spilling all of my worries, concerns, stress, past, nightmares, etc to him. Kongpob stays silent listening to them when I finish he takes something out his pocket it was a small pack of tissues.

I look between him and the tissues but when I make no move to grab one so he gets one himself.

"May I..?"

I nod as he gently holds onto my face wiping away the warm tears I don't and can't say anything as I stare back at him. I couldn't focus everything felt hot and tingly. I blink causing a few more tears to fall but he wipes them away as soon as they fall. When he breaks contact I suddenly feel..cold.

Maybe they turned on the air condition

I wrap my arms around myself trying to get back that warmth from a few seconds ago.

"Thank you for talking with me P"

Kongpob smiles in appreciation making that strange warmth to erupt inside me. I smile back at him as he sets the tissue packet on the piano lid. Everything stays silent for a while Kongpob says something every once in a while causing me to laugh or say something back.

Kongpob turns back to the piano and plays another melody.

"Sing with me"

"What? no"

"Pleasssse"

He begs turning to look me in the eye.

Resist the puppy dog eyes!

Dammit!

"Fine, Fine"

I say giving in he starts the melody again he starts singing first and I join in shortly after. When the song ends I try to apologize for my "Horrible" voice.

"What are you talking about? You sound amazing!"

Kongpob compliments me causing the warmth to get stronger I take off my red polo setting in my lap.

"Thank you"

"Your welcome" 

The bell rings signaling next period Kongpob packs up his stuff and walks over to the door.

"Kongpob wait!"

I hold my polo and join him at the door.

"Thanks for letting me talk to you...the same applies to you... I'm here if you want to talk"

Kongpob nods.

"Have a good day in class P'Arthit"

He says waving bye as he leaves I put on my polo again when it becomes cold, I grab what books I had and walk out into the hallway when something dawns on me.

I still forgot to ask him for his number!