Chapter XVII

Ever

"Yes, daddy! I'm going to be good! I'm going to be good, I promise!"

Oh fuck. 

Her words pierce straight through me. My heart aches deeply, in a way that I have never felt before in my life. My gaze travels down to her round little ass, the large red imprint of my hand covers most of her right cheek. My cock throbs violently.

Mine.

I close my eyes and breathe deeply.

I want to rip every piece of clothing off of her tiny body.

Control yourself. Control yourself. Control yourself.

She is not ready. You've done enough.

She is silent. Embarrassed and confused at her own words. It turns me on even more.

I want to comfort her so badly at this moment; to cradle her in my arms and tell her it's okay to have contradicting feelings, that I've put her in a difficult position. I want to tell her to address me as daddy from now on.

Whether she knows it or not, we are connected at the core. I felt it the moment I saw her step out of that vehicle:

Every fiber of her being belongs to me.

It's just a matter of making her see that. A matter of making her trust me.

I, admittedly, was not off to a good start. I knew I shouldn't have taken her. I knew that she would resent me for it, for who knows how long.

But I didn't care. I had lost control.

I had to have her, but she had made it quite clear that she wanted nothing to do with me. It absolutely infuriated me. Women threw themselves at me constantly, would do anything that I demanded without question. The lengths they'd go to for an ounce of my attention (or money) were incredible, when Miss Ori Hawthorne wouldn't even look my fucking way. 

I blamed my actions on her brother. And although everything I told her was true, I know deep down that I would have taken her regardless of Shawn. I couldn't care less about the money. Sure, had she not have been in the picture, I would have already hunted him down. I would have put a bullet in between his eyes days ago. But her mere existence was the driving factor of this whole situation. I wanted her. 

So what was a selfish man with as much power as I to do?

She was destined to be mine anyway. I considered taking her as just a method to speed up the process, as impatient as I am. 

But I would be lying if I said that I didn't like the idea of her chained up in my home, with no chance of escaping me. That I didn't like the idea of hurting her little body: bruising her soft, pale skin - marking it as mine.

I would never want to truly harm her, but I do love seeing her struggle - seeing her squirm - hearing her whine - all under my hand.

Would she ever accept my sadism?

I push the thought to the back of my head, along with everything else. I slide her leggings back up her perfect, soft bottom - almost letting myself get distracted by her lacy little panties. It satisfied me that I had picked those for her. I went through every single drawer in her room that night, imagining her in every article of clothing that I picked up. I went through her laundry basket, and inhaled the sweet, intoxicating scent she had left on the fabric of her panties before I tucked them in my pocket. I don't remember ever being this fucking crazy in all of my twenty nine years on earth.

 I compose myself, and lift her up from the bed gently. I know that she's shaken, my sweet little princess. She lets me tie the blindfold around her head without struggle this time, probably grateful that she doesn't have to look at me right now. I smile at the thought, leaning forward to deeply inhale the vanilla scent of her hair.

She has no idea how much she has pleased me.

I adjust her to sit on my hip, and I lead us to our exit. In two minutes time, we are outside of the building. I can feel Ori shift as the air hits her. It's been a week since she's been out into the world. I mentally note that I mustn't keep her in for so long. She needs the light. She is the light.

Harold, my driver, is opening the door now. I can feel his eyes travel to Ori for only a moment, likely out of curiosity alone. I glare at him, daring him to look even a second longer at what is mine.

I place her gently in the leather seat, and scoot in next to her. I try my best to leave some space in between us, as much as I do not want to. I know that she needs it. Harold shuts the door and we are moving within the next few minutes.

It takes approximately two and half hours to get to my house. I know she isn't going to talk to me during the ride. She's too embarrassed. She doesn't want to confront me. I pull my phone out and catch up on business in both of my prospering careers. I become buried in what I'm doing; sending email after email, text after text. I forget the world exists entirely, until I feel it against me.

I look over to Ori's pale blonde hair falling wildly down my shoulder. Her pink, pouty lips are parted, and I can hear her breathing steadily through her freckled, upturned nose. My heart bursts. It is such a foreign feeling. I lock my phone and lay it facing upward on my leg before letting my head relax against the headrest. My face towers over her. 

She is so fragile, so very beautiful. We are polar opposites. 

I tilt my head so that my chin is grazing the top of her hair, close my eyes, and for the first time that I can remember, I feel at peace.